Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2013, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
They take 8 to 10 hours to start working in the water? What use is that? By the time they've started 'working' it will almost be time to CHANGE the water and wait another 8 to 10 hours.
Very good point!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2013, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by Vicky88 View Post
They do not work, i have tried them. I do not have a grass anymore though.
The day I decided to 'give up' growing 'lawns' in the UK was one of the best days of my life.

I now wish I had back ALL THE YEARS OF MY LIFE that I spent mowing, scarifying, raking, greening up and waddever and, at the end of the day, with the UK weather - it's either to wet to sit or go on it, or too wet to cut, or too long or waddever.

I switched to 'Mediterranean' style gardens or yards when I moved to the west country and grew most stuff in pots after that.

I think I can honestly say some of the back problems I now suffer with are due to the years I spent 'tending lawns'
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-04-2013, 01:47 PM
Never having heard of these - 'dog rocks' conjured up an image of something ENTIRELY different from aggregates you put in dog drinking water for me.

Same here. I think I just have that type of mind.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2013, 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by coventrycatfish View Post
Same here. I think I just have that type of mind.

Yes! Smutty smutty smutty lol!

*added to the above about the 8 to 10 days - I read that it's a MONTH before they work at all? Sounds like a right load of old codswallop to me. And what about when they drink water OUTSIDE of your house?

Here's the answer! Leave your dog's water alone and buy some of this stuff!

Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2013, 10:17 PM
Hi I know this isnt very scientific,but when I spoke about Dog Rocks, with my OH,when my older bitch was not spayed yellow patches,after she was spayed no problems with the lawn.now we have another bitch who hasnt been spayed we have a problem with the lawn,do you think this will win me the nobel peace prize,crystalgirl
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-04-2013, 11:34 PM
...Honestly - I had to google dog rocks to find out what they were. I do think that brown patches on grass is just one of those things that 'go with having a dog' and that should be taken into consideration before you get one...
absolutely agree with you!

and also never ever heard of dog rocks
but for sure I'd never try it ever
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-04-2013, 11:38 PM

Here's the answer! Leave your dog's water alone and buy some of this stuff!

rough
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-04-2013, 07:23 PM
artifical lawns now you talking
JennyThomps70
New Member!
Female 

22-04-2013, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the response guys, sorry I haven't replied quicker, been away camping all weekend! I think I am going to go ahead and give them a go - as the other options such as watering down my lawn would be impossible seeing as it's field-size and they go wherever they like...and I have children and work and I don't have time to follow the dogs around, haha! Plus, I know it's a cosmetic issue, but I am proud of my lawn and I love my dogs.

This is why I'm going for Dog Rocks as they are natural, don't have any effect on the dog, so might as well give it a go? Like I said, my sister in law has turned her lawn around using them! Oh and her dogs do tend to flip them out of the water, so she just puts them in another bucket and pours the water into their bowls from that. Problem solved.

Thanks again for all your feedback! I'll let you know how it goes...I'm going to Pets at Home today to get some!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3