Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2013, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Isn't there something about tomato sauce that stops this happening.

Pepsi must be an exception because everywhere she "goes" the grass grows twice as high and twice as lush. Seriously
Ditto. My dogs wee leaves yellow dead looking patches which grow back extra green and lush. I wish they'd wee all over the grass.

A neighbour used Dog Rocks but it made no difference at all.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2013, 05:52 PM
jenny I was told yonks ago that if your bitch leaves brown patches on grass, not to worry because they would soon become the GREENEST patches! Meanwhile, of course, the bitch is making new BROWN ones lol!

Honestly - I had to google dog rocks to find out what they were. I do think that brown patches on grass is just one of those things that 'go with having a dog' and that should be taken into consideration before you get one.

There have been a lot of things that have been claimed to be harmless if imbibed that turned out to be quite nasty a few years down the line.

I don't like the sound of this at all. And cannot believe they 'remove the impurities' from the water? Is it the impurities that makes the grass brown then?
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2013, 05:56 PM
I have decided to do a little research on the subject!

I'm not prepared to take the word of just organisations who SELL them.

But have to say one question struck me as quite funny on the first site I looked at in the FAQs:

Q. My dog keeps taking the DOG ROCKS out of the water bowl, what can I do?
Smart dog lol!

They take 8 to 10 hours to start working in the water? What use is that? By the time they've started 'working' it will almost be time to CHANGE the water and wait another 8 to 10 hours.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2013, 06:36 PM
The other thing you can do is pour a pint of wanted over where your dog wees. My parents did this for a while when we had our second family dog, who was a bitch.....they found it pretty pointless because the wee then acts as fertiliser and where you would have brown patches you have circles of very long bright green healthy looking grass...much taller and greener than then rest of the lawn!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2013, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
The other thing you can do is pour a pint of wanted over where your dog wees. My parents did this for a while when we had our second family dog, who was a bitch.....they found it pretty pointless because the wee then acts as fertiliser and where you would have brown patches you have circles of very long bright green healthy looking grass...much taller and greener than then rest of the lawn!
Whats that?

The patches of long lush grass can be as annoying as brown patches if you are as fanatical about the lawn as my husband
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2013, 06:43 PM
Whats that?

The patches of long lush grass can be as annoying as brown patches if you are as fanatical about the lawn as my husband
Mmmmm! Anything that 'irritates' a husband is well worth trying! If you need tips - I'm world class!

*I got bored researching the dog rocks!
Now digging out photos of me and my daughter 'giggling' together - something we seem to do quite a lot. And she'd be giggling with me right now about 'dog rocks' if she were here!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2013, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Mmmmm! Anything that 'irritates' a husband is well worth trying! If you need tips - I'm world class!

*I got bored researching the dog rocks!
Now digging out photos of me and my daughter 'giggling' together - something we seem to do quite a lot. And she'd be giggling with me right now about 'dog rocks' if she were here!
I have some very subtle ways
Not sure of the link between dog rocks and giggling daughters but as long as you're happy
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2013, 07:03 PM
I have some very subtle ways
Not sure of the link between dog rocks and giggling daughters but as long as you're happy
It was the word 'rocks' but then I do apparently have a filthy mind lol!
Vicky88
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-04-2013, 07:06 PM
They do not work, i have tried them. I do not have a grass anymore though.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2013, 07:24 PM
I am another that would not use this product as I would not be happy altering things in Max's body.

Some of the burnt patches have grown thick luscious grass and some have just stayed burnt patches.

However, I may start thinking about pouring water over where Max pees because just the other day I looked out of the kitchen window and was rather confused to see my washing line lying on its side on the grass. I went out - very confused as to how it could have fallen over and realised that where Max has been peeing round the bottom of it over the years - it has corroded the metal and the pole had snapped almost in half at ground level!!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >