View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-04-2013, 05:05 PM
Lovely Phil so nice when their name has a meaning.

I remember the Val Doonican show every Saturday night one of dad's favourite Sat eve programmes. The cardigans and the rocking chair.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-04-2013, 12:45 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Being a great fan of Maxwells 'Ring of Bright Water' I guessed the origin of the name Phil.

I always wanted to find my own 'Camusfearna' (Sandaig) and to live there with just my dogs, I fear it is to late for me now.
Sandaig is just a place. There's nothing left as far as Maxwell is concerned. A lovely place, a good (if muddy) dog walk with memorials to Maxwell and of course Edal.

'Camusfearna' on the other hand exists for everybody whether it be that place, another place or just something we hold dear.

Mini - here's a snap for you and I'll be sure to send you another when Mij visits the beach.

Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2013, 12:02 PM
What a lovely post. Many years of happiness for calling Mij
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-04-2013, 12:46 PM
Mini - here's a snap for you and I'll be sure to send you another when Mij visits the beach.
Only just seen this post, how lovely, thank you Phil

'Camusfearna' on the other hand exists for everybody whether it be that place, another place or just something we hold dear.
True and for me it is a tiny cottage lit by candlelight overlooking Loch Melfort in which I stayed in 1977 with my new husband
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2