Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2005, 01:54 PM

Am I Allowed A Little Brag?

Well, i cant have a BIG brag, cos we didn't win anything, but i think my two did really well today

We went to Chepstow show as it was the first one we could find with a breed class to put Meg and Riley in, until now we've been doing the AV stuff at companion shows.. But today we did a 'proper' lab class

Anyway, I thought that both of them went really well! Meg did the lab puppy class and came 3rd. There were only 2 bitches in it i think, and the other one (which has already qualified for crufts ) didnt even get placed! So Meg did very, very well! Oh, and she was the highest placed chocolate lab!

Poor Riley was WAY out of his class. He had to do junior and all the other dogs were at least 8 months older than him! But he did REALLY well. He stood beautifully and trotted out nicely! We've been having trouble with him as hes in the middle of a growth spurt! He came 4th out of 4 (ok.. last lol) but i think i can still be happy that he went really well!

So... Another lab class on Wednesday.. Then, the "Big" show next weekend! We're doing our first Champ show with them.. Scary

But i thought i could have a little brag about today, as they've started to look really nice in the showring
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-08-2005, 02:10 PM
Wel done
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2005, 02:11 PM
Well done it's all good experience for all of you. You must feel so proud of them both I dont think it matters if you got 4th its the participating that counts i bet he does better next time, like you say the growth spurts change the shape significantly, one minute their all legs the next its all body. Poor babies.
Best of luck on Wednesday.
Woofer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2005, 02:18 PM
Brilliant, good on them. xx
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2005, 02:18 PM
Thanks!

I need the experience probably more than the dogs as i've never done any showing before i started with my two a couple of months ago. Its fun though. If they never win it doesn't bother me, the dogs love it and its good to get them out and doing stuff! Meg is starting to look as though she might do well so fingers crossed for her. Riley was better at about 6 months but his back end has grown so fast in the last couple of weeks and his front end is only slowly catching up, he looks all out of proportion Its annoying having to enter the champ ones so far in advance as i probably wouldn't have entered Riley if i'd known he was going to shoot up like he has But hopefully he'll be ok at the show at the weekend!
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2005, 02:40 PM
Yay!!!!!!! Well done Jessica, Meg and Riley
Louie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2005, 02:52 PM
Well done! third is good, you could do even better next time and at least they behaved and enjoyed themselves
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2005, 03:14 PM
Well done, you all seemed to have enjoyed it which is the main thing, and if the dogs go as you want them, so much the better! Sounds like you will have a lot of fun with them, good luck at the Champ show, don't get too nervous!

Gill
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2005, 04:45 PM
Congratulations on having a nice day that, after all, is what it is all about and a 3rd in a Lab class is good going.

Talking of chocolate I was stewarding in the Lab ring on Thursday and out of an entry of 26 there was not one chocolate and very few yellows, are the blacks the most popular now or was it just one of those things.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-08-2005, 05:18 PM
Well done :smt038
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >