Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gaz webber
Dogsey Senior
Male 

08-06-2009, 05:31 AM

Work whoa!s

As a means of earning money, I'm a landscape Gardener for a housing association, and also tool and vehicle service engineer. So, whilst at weekends I get to see why Goldfish Girl's laptop isn't working (because she's slammed the lid in the photocopier again...) during working hours my tech support involves 4 wheel drive tractor lawnmowers, big chainsaws, three foot long petrol driven hedge trimmers and a machine that reduces tree trunks to toothpick-sized confetti.

I was mowing a back lawn, on Friday. Our property (an old people's home) backs on to land owned by a different housing authority.
Suddenly a shrill voice rang out.

*Oi! You!* I pointed at myself. *Yes, YOU!*

..and out from behind a hedge appeared...imagine if you can Dawn French had mated with brown bear, and then the brown bear had it's sense of style and self respect removed, you may come close...no, actually you won't. It was like Bernard Manning with lipstick. And less charm...

*When you gonna cut this 'edge?* she whispered sedutively. A passing Painted Lady butterfly, having made the journey all the way from Africa, happened to flit in a carefree manner past her face, and the fumes from her mouth instantly reduced it to ash...she waved expansively at the offending hedge with her can of Carling Black Label beer.

"I'm not going to cut it!" I explained.

"Why not?" she burped.

"Well, partly because I'm here to cut the grass, partly because The Protection of Wildlife act won't allow me to until the end of mext month due to nesting bird, but mainly because that belongs to Orbit Housing, and I don't work for them!"

*F*****g B****cks!* she giggled, coquetishly, *You're all the f*****g same. Gimme your number, I'm reporting you to yer boss!*

Now, just at the moment my boss and I are having something of a ragged relationship...any chance to get revenge...

"Sure, it is..."

*Wait! Wait!* she flapped, delicately, looking for something to write on, and indeed with. She solved the dilemma by producing a lipstick and scrawling the number on the beer can, trickling about half the contents down her monstrous cleavage...

*Right...I'm gonna get your boss to kick your a**e!* she flirted, and waved her arms to indicate again the state of the hedge. And let go the can, which sailed into the middle of the hedge. And...then she dived after it...and I was left with this vision of two feet waving from the middle of a Hypericum shrub hedge, with muffled cries of *Help!* and *Gotcha you b******d* as she tried to get the beer and herself out of the hedge.

Like the newspaper reporter of legend, I made my excuses and left, trying really hard not to pee myself laughing...
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2009, 05:40 AM
Brilliant...... I hope she reports you - revenge can be so sweet
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2009, 06:42 AM
Brilliant piece of writing, yet again
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2009, 07:29 AM
Love it...you never fail to get me giggling Gaz.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2009, 07:35 AM
Highly entertaining, as ever
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2009, 09:06 AM
would love to be a fly on the wall when she calls your boss, you should have gave her his office address so she could do it in person....lol
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-06-2009, 02:17 PM
Nice image of her in the hedge.... Has she managed to work out how the phone works yet I wonder.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2009, 09:08 PM
sounds like a few of the *ladies* who live in our town lol