Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-02-2009, 06:38 AM

Advise on weather for show

Can anyone help me. I was planning on travelling down to Newport SouthWales on sunday fo a whippet club show. It is the one were the judge owns my dogs litter brother.

It is 135 miles for me to go down there and OH says in view of the weather to forget it. The forecast for Newport on sunday is for rain but as OH says its not what the wetaher is like there that matters it is on the way down.

The route I am planning on taking is M6,M5 M54 I think it there anyone that lives near these roads that can let me know what they are like and what the weather is doing? Or of any were I can ring to find out this information.

What would you do would you go and hope for the best or would you do as OH says and forget it. I don't know when this judge will be judging whippets again
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 09:11 AM
It may be worth ringing the show organisers to see if it is still on.
Otherwise - I am not too far from Newport - about 15 miles. The weather is bad here this morning, but I do not think that any more snow is forcast after today and even though the roads were bad yesterday morning, by the afternoon the vast majority were clear, especially the major routes, so I guess it will be the same later.

I think at this stage it would be too early to predict.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by Freyja View Post
Can anyone help me. I was planning on travelling down to Newport SouthWales on sunday fo a whippet club show. It is the one were the judge owns my dogs litter brother.

It is 135 miles for me to go down there and OH says in view of the weather to forget it. The forecast for Newport on sunday is for rain but as OH says its not what the wetaher is like there that matters it is on the way down.

The route I am planning on taking is M6,M5 M54 I think it there anyone that lives near these roads that can let me know what they are like and what the weather is doing? Or of any were I can ring to find out this information.

What would you do would you go and hope for the best or would you do as OH says and forget it. I don't know when this judge will be judging whippets again
Are you sure the show hasn't been cancelled?

If the weather is still reportedly bad/roads bad (I think the West Country at the moment isn't looking great) I wouldn't go.

Whilst I enjoy showing as a hobby and great day I wouldn't risk it at all - your OH is right it's not worth it at all.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 09:23 AM
I wouldn't panic, wait and see what tomorrow brings, we didn't see our postman until Thursday but after rain yesterday morning the snow has completely gone.
gracelund
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-02-2009, 10:15 AM
http://www.traffic-wales.com/

we are having very light snow at the minute, but so far it hasn't settled
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 11:12 AM
i think the m5 is closed- or it was this morning
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-02-2009, 03:17 PM
At the moment the show is still on. I posted the same question on a whippet site. The secretary for the show goes on there and has posted that they are monitoring the weather and will make a decision tomorrow.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 08:12 PM
im hopefully getting a whippet early nx year...gonna have a go at showing too...hopefully
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-02-2009, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by gsdmad View Post
im hopefully getting a whippet early nx year...gonna have a go at showing too...hopefully
Maybe we'll met up at some shows as I see you are in staffordshire the same as me
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 10:42 PM
yeh- ive got a while to wait though...but im sure it will fly by!! where bouts in staffs r u im in tamworth. are there many shows in the area?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >