Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2008, 04:46 PM

Up date on lump

Can't remember which thread i was discussing Tonks' lump on today but thought i would put an update up.

I was hoping it was a raised gland linked to her spotty armpit, but allas it isn't.

Seem that she may have damaged the muscle when she ran into a tree 6 weeks ago, and because she is still growing the muscle has grown oddly where it was traumatised.

She did hit the tree pretty hard - loony! Who's have a staff eh?!!

We have antibiotics for the spotty armpit and they considered sticking a needle in to the lump to see if there is anything in it but have decided to do that when she is spayed so as not to faff with her too much.

While i was there i saw two dogs with one broken front leg each and one dog who had brolen both front legs.......suppose i should think myself lucky!
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2008, 04:56 PM
Pharaoh used to argue with trees too! He thought they should get out of his way, they begged to differ!

I blame the rabbits... and those tricky tree rabbits, you know the ones with the long fluffy tails and short ears, they'd lead him straight into the trees and BAM!! We were at the vets so much one summer i thought they thought I had some sort of Canine Munchausens syndrome.. "Ran into another tree did he, or did he 'fall down the stairs' this time?"

Hope she gets better, hope it's nothing serious... or expensive
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2008, 05:03 PM
Glad it's not just my clumsy puppy. She isn't bothered by it but it does spoil the lovely line of her shoulder some what!

The spey will cost £190 if she is under 20 kilos and £209 if she is over.........so i won't be feeding her from now until 1st september (when she is booked in for op), she's already 18 kilos!
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2008, 05:05 PM
eep! Good job we love them!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2008, 05:52 PM
glad the lump was nothing serious and the spotty armpits are on the mend.
how was the poor dog with the two front legs broken able to walk
Did you manage to finish your marking?
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Can't remember which thread i was discussing Tonks' lump on today but thought i would put an update up.

I was hoping it was a raised gland linked to her spotty armpit, but allas it isn't.

Seem that she may have damaged the muscle when she ran into a tree 6 weeks ago, and because she is still growing the muscle has grown oddly where it was traumatised.

She did hit the tree pretty hard - loony! Who's have a staff eh?!!

We have antibiotics for the spotty armpit and they considered sticking a needle in to the lump to see if there is anything in it but have decided to do that when she is spayed so as not to faff with her too much.

While i was there i saw two dogs with one broken front leg each and one dog who had brolen both front legs.......suppose i should think myself lucky!
Awww...bless her. Hope she's ok again soon.xx
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2008, 06:39 PM
aww bless..........
those pesky trees !!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2008, 07:15 PM
Handy that they can take a closer look while the spay is taking place, Catrin.

Poor Tonks

x0x
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2008, 08:02 AM
well - looks like the spaying might have to wait as her "parts" seem to be swelling slightly. At dog training yesterday they reckon she will come into season in the next couple of weeks! Boooo!