Originally Posted by Rolosmum View Post
duplicated in error.
everything is a pair with you ..lol
that ocd kicking in,,,
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2011, 08:21 AM
We've got a tonne around our way, very popular. One person I know has one smooth coated and has just got another puppy......it's beyond cute! I see several walking in Richmond park (pointers, gundogs etc very popular with the Eichmond crowd....wouldn't see them walking a common old staffie ). There are two wire haired that attend our training class. One I am absolutely in love with, he's such a gentle lad and sooooo sweet natured! Some are totally barmy, but most seem gentle, if not a little over sensitive. I have already decides on my next breed, however I would consider a Viszla one day perhaps, I do rather like them
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2011, 08:56 AM
We had one in an agility class I went to years ago with my Cairn terrier. This was a nice dog-very good tempered and obedient.

I also spoke to someone in "Pets at Home" who was then going to collect his Viszla puppy. He had originally wanted a Weimeraner but had heard bad reports/met a few bad-tempered ones so that put him off. They do look quite similar to me (apart from the colour of course!).
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2011, 11:34 AM
Yes cant help the ocd, runs to things being in straight lines and squares, daft things like my garden doesnt have any curves in it, get cross with hubby if he moves one of the sofas onto a slant, needs to be matching pairs etc! Even rolo has symmetrical spots on his back!!!

Although it was my son who picked rolo for that reason!! OMG i must have passed it to him!

The lady with the viszlak, said that they were known to be calmer than weimaraners, and the experience i had of just one weimy this was def the case.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Vizslas are more suitable for some people than Weimaraners, they are not as strong willed as the latter!

Some people have both, a rusty HPR and a galvanised HPR; too soft for me.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2011, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Vizslas are more suitable for some people than Weimaraners, they are not as strong willed as the latter!

Some people have both, a rusty HPR and a galvanised HPR; too soft for me.
Vizslak

Ok, i'll stop now. Makes no difference to me, just being annoyingly pedantic!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2011, 05:42 PM
I put it in my first post on this thread, but it appears some did not like it.............
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-05-2011, 07:47 AM
I put it in my first post on this thread, but it appears some did not like it.............
Maybe because some thought you were being rather pedantic, simply for the sake of it.

Vizslas or Vislak , does it really matter, and as someone said, the plural for Vizsla in English is Vizslas, and as we are in England , the saying "when is Rome" comes to mind.

You will find many in the breed will not be so pedantic to point the Hungerian Plural out to anyone who enquires about them...in fact of all the breeders I know in the breed, no one actually says anything other than "Vizslas"!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 08:06 AM
Yeah, there are a lot of pedants on here aren't there?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-05-2011, 08:14 AM
Yeah, there are a lot of pedants on here aren't there?
Never more so , than at this given time
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >