Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2011, 09:08 AM

hmmmm...think I need to put the Spaniel on a diet

Not entirely my fault, ds is weaning, and has a habit of throwing food to the dogs...and well someone hasnt reduced what he has been getting...bad dog owner
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2011, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
Well I can't win.....

About 8 months back my dog trainer was insistant that Cain was putting on too much weight but I said I couldn't cut his food down any further, he was on kibble ans only getting about 1 mug a meal. I switched to raw and he didn't say anything more about Cain's weight.

In the tranfer to raw, Cain indeed did put on a few kilos (despite being fed under the 2%). when he got weighed at the vet in March I was a bit annoyed to see he'd crept up to 47kg so I reduced his food by 100g a day and upped his exercise.

Two weeks back we weighed him and I was delighted he was down to 43kg and looking great with it. The vets said his weight was perfect.

Last night I got a lecture from my trainer about how he really shouldn't loose any more weight and how he was a heavy boned dog and shouldn't ge any slimmer. did I get a well done for the weight he'd lost (weight he was previously telling me to shift!). No, I just got "don't let him loose any more!", as if I'm starving him or something.

Don't get me wrong, I love my dog trainers and they are great friends but I was pretty miffed. I think Cain's weight is spot on now and hope to maintain it but it seems like I can't win....next week I'll prob be told he's too fat again *sigh*
Theres just no pleasing some poeple

ps would love to see a before and after pic??
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2011, 09:29 AM
Bertie - top end of ideal, but really difficult to see, he has a huge coat!!!

I would agree with you, he looks a little overweight on the pic but i think its because of all that coat

Teagan - I think she's ideal, but when she was younger it was really difficult to keep weight on

Skye - I think she's ideal weight

Star - difficult to see as she has quite a big coat, but a bit underweight, only 13 months old, so has to fill out.

Rest all look ideal to me
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2011, 09:31 AM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post

hmmmm...think I need to put the Spaniel on a diet

Not entirely my fault, ds is weaning, and has a habit of throwing food to the dogs...and well someone hasnt reduced what he has been getting...bad dog owner
Yes looking very porky!!
Page 13 of 13 « First < 3 10 11 12 13