Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
yeah working gundogs can be shown, for the breeds that havent aready been split and there is a major difference in appearence, e.g. the springer and the cocker. not too sure though because i dont know about whippets.
Can't find anything on google - I'll try the crufts site.

Edit: Nope can't find anything
2Greys
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-04-2011, 05:13 PM
Have you visited the pound dog already to know if he is suitable for you? It can be risky getting a dog from the pound as they may not be as fully assessed as from a rescue centre given time constraints.

Maybe you could seek some rescue back-up and offer the pound dog a temporary foster home, if your not really sure about giving the whippet dream up.

My friend has an ex-racer greyhound that she adopted and does a bit of showing with, they have a racing & coursing class at crufts too. Presume she got the paperwork from the stud book to do the KC reg.
redcoatsagility
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-04-2011, 07:57 PM
thanks guys this really helps
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 10:13 PM
Let us know how to get on
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2011, 11:34 AM
Oooooo what did you decide?

I'd say get both!

Got my lad straight from the pound, he had one day left, an intact male Akita, huge, scared and jumpy. He's blooming amazing, turned out to be Mr Absolute Perfect and we love him more than anything, as he does us. Brings tears to my eyes to think what might have happened to him x
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2