Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2011, 09:41 AM

Met dogs same name as yours?

I was watching "It's me or the dog USA" the other night and Victoria took someone into their local dog shelter to help. She bought a Chow x GSD puppy out and I was surprised to hear that it was called "Parker" and was a girl! Always thought of Parker as a male name not unisex but it was a very cute puppy.

Do you ever meet dogs with the same name as yours? Funnily enough I encounter people called Cherry but never another dog with this name yet I wouldn't have thought it was that uncommon. Saw a Parker featured in a dog magazine, he was a Boxer.

When we used to do heelwork to music classes there were 2 dogs in the same small class called Molly which was a bit confusing at times.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2011, 11:00 AM
Only other dog I know of called Rupert is the owned by another poster here. We had 3 Oscars at class which could be confusing.
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2011, 11:01 AM
I have never met any dogs with the same names as ours, but we have always had such strange names, until we got Ozzy this appears to be a very common name and although I have never met another in person, I know there are lots about, several are on here
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2011, 11:39 AM
i have never met a daphni. or an asbo for that matter. but i like my wierd names, unusual, like the breeds of dogs i pick funnily enough
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2011, 12:08 PM
Not dogs but I had a class in the early 70's with FIVE Michelles in it! Beatles song result.

I have never met an Etta or a Rune or a Champa or a Coo but lots of Pippins, Georges, Billies, Pollys, Saffys, Merlins, Jezzs,.

No Netsas either---that was my first wsd.

rune
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2011, 12:19 PM
Met loads of Peppers!

Not a single other Gozo, unsurprisingly!

A little girl we met in the park the other day was very amused that our dog, Enzo, had the same name as her brother!

Someone on here (sorry can never remember who, I'm useless with names ) has a dog with my son's name, Griffin, which I find wierdly disconcerting every time I see it. Never met another human with the name!

My daughter's nickname is Fifi, which I always think of as a dogs name, but never met a dog called Fifi!

J.
JunoDouglas
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-03-2011, 12:22 PM
Never ever heard another Juno, but lots of people comment on it!
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2011, 12:22 PM
I've never met another Dahlia, but it's a pretty uncommon name!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2011, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by Mother*ship View Post
Met loads of Peppers!

Not a single other Gozo, unsurprisingly!

A little girl we met in the park the other day was very amused that our dog, Enzo, had the same name as her brother!

Someone on here (sorry can never remember who, I'm useless with names ) has a dog with my son's name, Griffin, which I find wierdly disconcerting every time I see it. Never met another human with the name!

My daughter's nickname is Fifi, which I always think of as a dogs name, but never met a dog called Fifi!

J.
think its rachel with the setters

i always imagine white poodles in a show cut to be called fifi
lolly2012
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-03-2011, 12:28 PM
I have common names for mine but no have never met another dog that had the same name as mine at the time,
Names up to now Have been

George nickname MonkeyDog (Rescued didn't name)

Wilma nicknamed Pig ( I named Wilma she nearly was Betty but Wilma just popped out when her breeder said what will you call her)

Willow nickname Moo or Mooman ( I named her willow but she was very naughty and moo kinda stuck )

Ben (rescued so didn't name him)

now George again ( rescued didn't name)

Milly ( Mildred rescued didn't name)

I haven't made nick names for the latest two yet but given time they will come im sure lol x
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »