View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sundance
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-05-2011, 10:51 AM
I use Mekuti double ended leads (in softex) 2 metres length and find them the best for strength and comfort. They come in a range of nice colours which means can usually match them to the Lupine combi collars I use.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 10:57 AM
Halti double ended leads here. I like that you can join them up, I tend to carry a third in my bag on days out and then I can have Casper on a longline and use the three Halti leads to make a longline for Kiki if we get to a bit where it's not safe for her to be off-lead. Handy to be able to adapt the length of them or to have them around my waist/over the shoulder too for when you need your hands free.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 10:59 AM
Two years on, I'm still using the same Halti leads. Love um.
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Halti double ended leads here. I like that you can join them up, I tend to carry a third in my bag on days out and then I can have Casper on a longline and use the three Halti leads to make a longline for Kiki if we get to a bit where it's not safe for her to be off-lead. Handy to be able to adapt the length of them or to have them around my waist/over the shoulder too for when you need your hands free.
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Two years on, I'm still using the same Halti leads. Love um.
Must get some then!! which size one would be best for my terrier, hes 15kg and hes on a headcollar untill we get to the field. Would the bigger one be to heavy on his headcollar do you think?
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 11:23 AM
The clips are different sizes (on the large one at least, don't know about small), there's a slightly smaller clip on one end which I use on the headcollar end (not that the bigger clip bothers my two at their size though)
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
The clips are different sizes (on the large one at least, don't know about small), there's a slightly smaller clip on one end which I use on the headcollar end (not that the bigger clip bothers my two at their size though)
Thats good then so the bigger one should be ok Thanks
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 11:54 AM
Big Halti lead fan here too Best lead I ever bought. I also wind it around my waist twice and clip it, or wear it diagonsally around my chest if i need free hands.
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 12:44 PM
Ropey type "normal" lead, flexi kept in bag for when I want him to be able to be a bit more moochy about but not have total free run, got a long training line somewhere too but it's too cumbersome to bother with much and not needed now - only real time the flexi gets used is when I know his recall's going to be shaky (usually induced by creatures with big squirrelly bushy tails).
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 03:16 PM
Am I the only person who doesn't like the Halti lead?

I use:

For parks/fields/any open area, a 30 metre long line, in sunshine-yellow, attached to a harness, while I continue to work on Dex's recall.

For roadside walks: GenCon All-In-One which I find great, really lightweight

For roadside walks when we're practising heelwork: a double-ended black Leather lead.
proudmummy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-05-2011, 03:59 PM
Halti leads swear by them
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >