Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-08-2007, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by myschievous View Post
Is it possible you have over charged the battery? because then they don't last long at all. How long are they supposed to be charged for as that seems a very long time for any battery? I might be thinking of the wrong battery though and I'm sure you know all about them.
Hi,
With these batteries you leave them charging constantly, they start with a full charge cycle then part cycle then it just trickle charges all the time it is on, you cannot overcharge them not like a car battery.

Ian
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2007, 07:02 PM
What a bummer all round. Do you not qualify to get an allowance like people use for cars - motability - and if you do can you not use that or part of that for a scooter....then you would have the backup of Motorbility.....which is worth it and no repair charges?

Karen
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-08-2007, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
What a bummer all round. Do you not qualify to get an allowance like people use for cars - motability - and if you do can you not use that or part of that for a scooter....then you would have the backup of Motorbility.....which is worth it and no repair charges?

Karen
Hi Karen, yes I do get that, however I need that to pay for different things, however I could scrape by, but the charges they apply is way too high, for example I priced a one a few months ago, they wanted all of my monthly money which would have been about £46 a week over three years, which to be honest is too much to lose just to go around the local village a few times a week etc.

It would work out to £598 a year over 3 years = £1,794

I would love to do it but at the moment I haven't the spare cash to do so, also that was just for a basic one, if you want suspension etc it is even more.

Ian
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2007, 09:23 AM
Thats a ****** Ian....
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3