View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 05:48 PM
Wow that looks really great. They have done a really good job. Hope George approves

Sue
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 05:51 PM
Wow it looks stunning H, the red on the Maple and the black stemps of the Bamboo (I guess it's the bamboo) really show up well, Georgie will think all his christmases have come at once
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 06:03 PM
Thanks Sue Yes, they have, they've worked very, very hard and he underquoted me too!!! He'll be getting a bonus for all his efforts! I can't wait to let Georgie out there, but it's not safe yet, the gateway has been nailed up with scaffold boards, so I don't want to risk it yet!

Thanks Christine I thought you'd like it!!! The black bamboo against the green fence is quite spectacular, and that tree is to die for isn't it!!!! It's going redder every day. If anyone wants one, it's called an Acer Palmatum Katsura, a very pretty tree which doesn't like the morning sun, likes some protection from the wind ( might have made a mistake with that one!!)likes well drained soil - bit of a fussy old thing isn't it! I think he likes it there though, coz his leaves have all perked up today after his planting ceremony yesterday in ericascious soil, well, all the trees have perked up, I think they're going to like it here!!!
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

09-10-2007, 06:26 PM
Its beautiful Helena. I'll send you Rye and Pellow and they will have it stripped in no time and will teach Georgeie a few tricks.

Seriously its reall lovely and I am sure you will get the full benefit of it when next summer comes round.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 07:05 PM
Thanks Eunice As much as I'd love to have them both.......

I'm sure me and Mum will enjoy our new garden the whole summer long, whereas for the past 20 years I've never used it except to let the dogs out there to play!!!! Such a waste it's been, now I've got the full benefit of such a large garden again.
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 07:06 PM
OOooooo, it looks good I love Bamboos....
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 07:09 PM
Thanks Toby, it's getting there! Not quite finished, I'm sooooo excited, I just can't wait to see little Georgie's face when he sees it for the first time either! I'll get some pics of that!!!!!
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Thanks Toby, it's getting there! Not quite finished, I'm sooooo excited, I just can't wait to see little Georgie's face when he sees it for the first time either! I'll get some pics of that!!!!!
I'm sure Georgie will love "his" new garden
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 07:36 PM
Looks cracking, Aitch. It's coming along really nicely isn't it?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-10-2007, 08:25 PM
Ooooh it looks lovely Helena.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >