Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-01-2012, 03:37 PM

Dogs 101

What do people think of the show Dogs 101 ?

I don't have animal planet but caught a few episodes on the on demand service from virgin ...
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2012, 04:03 PM
It's a good way of getting an overview of certain breeds. I like it and watch it if I'm in and it's showing.

Sometimes the show features stories about dogs who have been especially brave/clever/loyal, and these are definitely worth catching
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-01-2012, 04:06 PM
They showed 2 basenji who had been taught sign language and taken to a deaf school , the kids were over the moon being able to command them with sign ...
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
They showed 2 basenji who had been taught sign language and taken to a deaf school , the kids were over the moon being able to command them with sign ...
I'm sure I saw that one!!

It was wonderful, wasn't it? Such lovely dogs, and so good for the kids, very moving
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2012, 04:17 PM
I think I watched pretty much all of them when they were on animal planet, I thought they were a good way of getting an overview of a breed.
I was a little disappointed with the Dalmatian overview though, they didn't really go into detail about how much exercise they need, and I would have liked it if they had gone more into detail about the physiology of them like they did with the Ridgebacks (Ridgebacks breed standard was based on the Dalmatian, and my Dally is still going after my friends Ridgeback is tired, so they could have gone more into that).
Plus they gave them a very low health point and with the correct diet for their stones they are a fairly healthy breed , compared to some.
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2012, 04:38 PM
I watch it on youtube as it gives me a quick "pros and cons" of a particular type of dog, and on youtube they have one video per dog so makes it easy to find!

Not the be all and end all of information, but generally not far off with the basics I find!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2012, 05:16 PM
ive watched it a couple of times but we dont have sky so i cant watch them often.

i think its quite a good program, with giving overviews of particular breeds.

they also do a cat one
DayCare4Paws
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-02-2012, 11:29 PM
Watched this show again this evening and thought I'd search to see if there was a thread about it on here. Found this one.

I quite like it but agree that sometimes it can be a bit vague - but then thats like any show that has to cram so much information into a 52 minute slot or whatever it is after all the many breaks.

Tonights featured the German Shorthaired Pointer, Shiba Inu, Alaskan Malamute, Rhodesian Ridgeback and Australian Shepherd. I think its an excellent idea for a TV show. I am trying to recall the name of a programme that used to be on years and years ago (I'm going to guess at 8 or so years back now?) I think it was also on Animal Planet (or certainly one of the Sky channels and I think it was a Discovery/National Geographic/Animal Planet type one) - it was all about dogs and dog breeds. Off the top of my head one show would feature just one (maybe two?) breeds and go into a lot more detail about that one (mebbes two? ) breeds - think that was also an hours show? What was it called?! Anyone remember it?!