Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2014, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
Afternoon everyone - Well it looks like I am looking for a new job as I have just had a phonecall from the Editor of The Saddleworth Clarion and Ferret Keepers Weekly, it would seem that after my poor showing in the Big Race I am to be dismissed with ignominy from my position of Racing Correspondent. Looks like I should stick to things I know summat about - although for the life of me I can't think of anything!!!! Well if any of you hear of a part-time job that would suit a genteel elderly person of slim means and dubious character - please let me know. Till then it's bye fer now.
you poor sausage,bless your wee heart Ferret Keepers Weekly will be worse off for it Any intention I ever had of purchasing it has now gone We will think of something suitable for you,can't bear the thought of you being down and out!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-04-2014, 05:17 PM
Could he not go to Chateau Lynn and be the Pest Control Officer
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2014, 05:26 PM
Excellent idea Or Daily walking duties with the Girlies TW
I could do with a handy man,come to think of it
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-04-2014, 05:30 PM
Y'know Eileen, you're soooo right, I could do with someone able to do bits and pieces for me, sawing wood, mending eaten palaces, that sort of thing. Maybe he could do a day with whoever needed his services
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-04-2014, 05:41 PM
Your generosity in my time of need is indeed some consolation. Seems I'll be pretty busy what with ferry journeys and trips up and down the country, but as always I'll try my best. Now all that remains is to tell the Memsahib that I shall be away most of the time doing discreet but necessary services for generous ladies! Bye fer now!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2014, 05:53 PM
Push Bike Saddle Sniffers Assoc are usually looking for good people!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-04-2014, 05:59 PM
Oooh yes I could do with a man that can pest control.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-04-2014, 06:03 PM
There you are Gordon, you're all fixed for a few extra quid every week, sure the Mem will appreciate the rise in the housekeeping, so she won't mind at all.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2014, 06:25 PM
*crawls in on hands and knees and sits trembling in the corner

Hello good people on this damp and dreary evening - I will have a proper read through in a moment, when I am sure that all is genuinely quiet! Grandsproglet has actually been very good and we have had a laugh, and now he is tucked up in bed with a promise that he will put his book away and turn his light out in ten minutes. Hmmmm, we will see.

I am so glad that I didn't manage to put a bet on the National, because I would have lost miserably!!

Be back later
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2014, 06:36 PM
Well Ive read all the posts but cant remember any of them

Our walk (Hike) was great. Its only about an hour away from us as well. Got there just after 10. I left the men & went into the town centre for a coffee & loo break before I started, About 11 I started off on the canal towpath. They have horse drawn boats on there & Taff wasnt at all sure about the big horses I ended up having to put his lead on him just to get him past them without him panicking. Walked about 2 1/2 miles to the Horseshoe Falls & then up to the little Llantisilio Church. Lovely old place. Stopped there in the churchyard for my butties & coffee. After a look around we turned back & threw sticks in the river for Taff to fetch
Got back to Llangollen about 1.15 so that was 5 miles done. I decided that was too early to get back so started on the other towpath for another 2 1/2 miles each way. Got back to town about 2.45. So that was 10 miles walked I had no idea what time the men were going to get back so had a look in the station to see if I could find them. They werent there so I went off looking for the car park - just in case. I tried to phone OH but there wasnt any signal. I spent a full hour & walked another 2 1/2 miles looking for the damm thing I could remember the vague area he'd parked it but couldnt find anything that looked familiar. Back into town again & into the Tourist office to tell them "Im lost" where are all the car parks The woman in there had to give me a map with them all marked on & little pen lines routing them out for me I tried all 4 of them before I found the car in the last one I tried. Still no sign of the men so I decided to go back to the station & wait there for them. Id just come out of the carpark when they came round the corner.
OH was hysterical when I told him i'd spent the last hour looking for the car, He said its the biggest car park in Wales - how on earth can you get lost
Anyway we got home again about 5.15 Absolutely shattered now My legs are killing me & ive had to take some painkillers. Poor Taff is flaked out as well
So we ended up walking 12 1/2 miles in all
By the way the weather was lovely - ended up stripping down to just a T shirt
Page 5 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »