Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by gigi
Shouldn't they be shooting to injure instead of to kill? I think that this would probably be more reasonable. The families of the ones lost to the mistakes of the police will definately not be happy with this sort of behaviour!

but in injure a man who is suspected of carrying a bomb could be worse......he could still detinate it on that tube.......sorry if he was innocent but after yesterday most normal people would have stopped for the police ?
Shelly
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-07-2005, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by Hevvur
I agree with shooting him, if he is one of the guys from yesterday.
Just a shame it's taken them 2 hours to tell the public

It might have taken 2 hours for the them to tell the public but they have a job to do first. Then they can inform the public.
I think the services have done a marvellous job and derserve praise not critism for an on the spot decision, I would have done the same if I thought people might be in danger.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2005, 11:28 AM
As Inca says...

If he was innocent, why did he keep running, when told to stop by police???

Especially after yesterday....

And again as Inca says, an injured man can still trigger the bomb
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2005, 11:29 AM
agree with you shelly ....we bang on about human rights.....what rights do those dead people have now ...
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2005, 11:31 AM
sky news say he was one of the man wanted from yesterday
Shelly
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-07-2005, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by Inca
agree with you shelly ....we bang on about human rights.....what rights do those dead people have now ...
Exactly, I do agree with some Human Rights but I think maybe we have gone a little bit to far with them now to the point where the police are not allowed to do anything.
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2005, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by Inca
but ask yourself would you want to question a man strapped with explosives ????? cos i wouldn't
good point inca,, im sorry but if it means choosing between possible hundreds of people or shooting one man then i think the police did what they had to do, it cant be easy for them either, i would have been terrified
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

22-07-2005, 11:59 AM
This is all wierd and doesn't make sense to me!

I just saw on the news an eye witness say the police had this man on the floor, they were standing around him and then shot him 5 times

Why did they kill him when they had him? surely they could have just shot his arms (or restrained them?) and would u shoot someone who u thought had explosives? (in case they went off).

Im a bit confused about whats going on at the moment! it just doesnt add up to me!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2005, 01:04 PM
I've just seen that on tv e-Raze. It seems he tripped and was pushed at the same time, so they seemed to have him. Why shoot if they had him? They say he didn't have ruck sack and no explosives were found on him but he had a very heavy quilted coat, which lead them to believe he might have had explosives. Maybe something happened at that time?

This is very difficult. I think the police are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

There is a news conference expected any minute, so I hope we will find out more then as this is all gossip and speculation so far.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2005, 01:39 PM
i didn't think they had confirmed yet if he did or did not have anything on him

but he was a suspect from yesterday thats all i have heard
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »