View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2006, 12:03 PM
Our regular Dyson didnt last the pace in this house, but the Dyson 'Animal' is the dogs wassnames.

All of my dogs and cats live in the house, and so an efficient vaccum is essential.

A word of warning though: If you ever have to ring Dyson for spares/repair, dont ever admit to having more than two dogs!

The Miele 'cat and dog' is also reputed to be good - friends have one and swear by it.

hth

thandi
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2006, 12:05 PM
Henry all the way. He is my little star!
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2006, 12:09 PM
I would recommend a Dyson

I brought mine 3 years ago and its still going strong with 2 kids aged 2 and 5 and a dog and a filthy other half it does really well to keep going
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2006, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie View Post
Hmm, don't think our dyson lasted very long

Parents are on about getting a Henry Hound - anyone tried these?
Is Henry one of those Cylinder ones I have heard they are meant to be really good although I would prefer an upright one to a cylinder one.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2006, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Yes I have never been impressed with the Dyson ones either Lou. I had one a few years ago and it didn't last as long as others did and it seemed to blow everything about - I remember having cards on the windowsill and it blew them all off and trying to catch the dog hairs with it was a nightmare when I had my GSD - it used to blow them away I have one that my mother had think its the DC01 but its still not as good as the others I have had so I wouldn't buy one. I have the upright vax one now too - is yours the turbotool 1700?
Yes, thats the one Foxy It's got so much power.

I know what you mean about the dyson, i had the same problem, i'd turn it on and the dog hair would go flying in the air, and i also found that the suction pipe wasn't very good either......There was so many bits in my carpet, but when i bought the vax it picked up loads
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2006, 12:16 PM
I've heard Henry's are good. We've got the Bosch PetPro which was brilliant, until I trashed the turbo brush by trying to vaccuum up a load of brickdust Still a good hoover without the turbo brush though...
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

11-09-2006, 12:19 PM
The dyson was ok but I have 5 dogs and a borman cat and when my Dyson packed in I was going to get another one, and a Friend recommended the vax ro me it only cost about £89, whic is really cheap and I have been using it successfully for about 10 months now . The tubo filter tool cracked and when I phoned vax they said there had been a faul in them and replaced it no bother with a couplrof weeks. I would recommend it fairly efficient and reasonably priced and even if it packs in within the next 6 months at what I paid for it I can then get a new one with a new guarantee. So its the vVax for me too.
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2006, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie View Post
Okay,

Being the proud owner of two dalmatians and two moggies, we decided it was time for a new hoover!

We bought the One Pet Hoover only to discover it was a total load of tosh, we've had to take it to bits and put it back together a couple of times after a couple of call outs and although it's hardly been used (as it hardly works!) it's knackered.

So we don't recommend the One Pet!

Which hoover do you recommend for pet hairs? I ask because we really need a new one!
Same thing happened to me, I took mine back and bought a Dyson Animal. Its great for dog hairs but its very heavy.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2006, 12:35 PM
I have an Animal Dyson - but not the upright one, as I don't have enough strength.
I have the small one (not upright), it's brilliant!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2006, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by justlou View Post
Yes, thats the one Foxy It's got so much power.

I know what you mean about the dyson, i had the same problem, i'd turn it on and the dog hair would go flying in the air, and i also found that the suction pipe wasn't very good either......There was so many bits in my carpet, but when i bought the vax it picked up loads
Oh yes its got loads of power - it is really good but you feel like you have had a workout when you have finished - it's quite an heavy cleaner isn't it I like the bright orange colour though and it seems very sturdy
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >