Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 06:39 AM
Originally Posted by GSD-Sue View Post
Just read this hope it was a one off. Glad she's back to her normal self.
Originally Posted by chelsea View Post
Only just seen this post i do hope it was just a one off bless her sending Cassie big hugs xx
Thanks guys. Unfortunately she's had another seizure in the night so we're just waiting for the vet to open and will update everyone after we've been.xx
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-07-2008, 07:17 AM
Poor Cassie Hope all goes well at the vet this morning.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 07:21 AM
Originally Posted by Carole View Post
Poor Cassie Hope all goes well at the vet this morning.
Thank you Carole xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 07:21 AM
Hi Jackie, so sorry to hear more news regards seizures, I've never owned one myself, but when we had clients who did, we always told them, to keep as calm as possible and just to wait until the seizure stopped, before moving them.
I am sure your vet will sort out the problem and with meds, she will hopefully do fine.

It is worse for us who have to watch it than it is for the one going through it, honestly, My Mom is epiliepic and I have dealt with her thousand times over, it also gets me more upset than her, once she is out of it, she has a sleep then she is fine.

We are all sending gentle (((((((((hugs)))))))) to you John and Cassie.
Hope you get on ok at the vets. xxxxxxxxxxxx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 07:25 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Hi Jackie, so sorry to hear more news regards seizures, I've never owned one myself, but when we had clients who did, we always told them, to keep as calm as possible and just to wait until the seizure stopped, before moving them.
I am sure your vet will sort out the problem and with meds, she will hopefully do fine.

It is worse for us who have to watch it than it is for the one going through it, honestly, My Mom is epiliepic and I have dealt with her thousand times over, it also gets me more upset than her, once she is out of it, she has a sleep then she is fine.

We are all sending gentle (((((((((hugs)))))))) to you John and Cassie.
Hope you get on ok at the vets. xxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks Steph, appreciate the support and the advice. We didn't move her just comforted her and then when she was able, she came downstairs and we sat with her quietly. It's just so horrible to watch when you can't do anything about it. xx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 07:49 AM
Thanks to whoever merged these posts for me. We have an appointment this morning at 11:00 so will let you know what happens when we get back. xx
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 07:57 AM
I'm so sorry to hear dear Cassie has had another seizure, My friend is going through he same! I was there when he had one - I know just how upsetting they can be!

Good luck at the vets this morning and I hope your vet gets them under control as soon as possible, sending cyber hugs to you all! x
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by shaza View Post
I'm so sorry to hear dear Cassie has had another seizure, My friend is going through he same! I was there when he had one - I know just how upsetting they can be!

Good luck at the vets this morning and I hope your vet gets them under control as soon as possible, sending cyber hugs to you all! x
Thanks Sharon. I hope they get her sorted quickly. At the moment, she can't figure out why she hasn't been out for a walk this morning. xx
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 08:09 AM
Healing thoughts on their way for Cassie.

My friend has a three year old rescue GSD who has had three fits, one whilst in season, another when she would have been due to have her puppies if she had been mated(which she wasn't)& then she came in season again after 3 months & had that season stopped & was spayed, then had another fit just after she was spayed(again around when she could have been having puppies)

The vet believes it is hormone induced & touch wood there have been no more daytime fits since May.

Is Cassie entire ? just a thought, if not unfortunately there are some lines in BC's that have epilepsy in them
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 08:16 AM
Oh Jackie, not what I wanted to read this morning

So very sorry to have heard this, we all hoped it had been a one off, how very scary for you xx

Poor Cassie, sending love to you all at this very worrying time x
Page 8 of 22 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 > Last »