Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-06-2012, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Then run to your mum's and back again, then run back to see how much you've lost and then run home and carry on like that - fat cow!

(Just for those who don't know - we are friends.. )
Were not, shes lying. Shes a bully

SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2012, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by Pawsonboard View Post
Were not, shes lying. Shes a bully

It's the only way to motivate you to get off your lard ar*e and do something!

Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2012, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by Pawsonboard View Post
Slightly defeats the point of loosing weight though! haha. Though it is the less stressful option! LOL
But that's the point! I haven't weighed myself for nearly 3 years, I just don't see the point of being hung up on a number. At the end of the end of the day it should be about being fit and healthy and feeling good about yourself, not being a specific number.

I've put on weight lately and I know this by looking in the mirror (whilst wincing!) and noting how my clothes fit me, I don't need a set of scales to tell me. So I've cut back on what I eat and have increased my exercise, then once my clothes fit the way they should and I feel good about how I look then I know I've reached my goal.

Sorry that turned into a bit of a lecture, but I just don't think it's healthy to concentrate solely on a number. I blame celeb mags!
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-06-2012, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
But that's the point! I haven't weighed myself for nearly 3 years, I just don't see the point of being hung up on a number. At the end of the end of the day it should be about being fit and healthy and feeling good about yourself, not being a specific number.

I've put on weight lately and I know this by looking in the mirror (whilst wincing!) and noting how my clothes fit me, I don't need a set of scales to tell me. So I've cut back on what I eat and have increased my exercise, then once my clothes fit the way they should and I feel good about how I look then I know I've reached my goal.

Sorry that turned into a bit of a lecture, but I just don't think it's healthy to concentrate solely on a number. I blame celeb mags!
The problem is that I want to get back into horse riding, for that I will need to know how much I weigh! Plus I like being able to say how much ive lost
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-06-2012, 10:09 PM
Hi Sam I recently bought some new scales because I need to lose a bit of weight for health reasons. Having read all the customer reviews on Amazon and Argos which indicated that many aren't accurate the choice was difficult .

I settled for modestly priced electronic scales made by Salter which had reasonably good reviews.
I was not convinced they were accurate so I went to Boots and paid 50p for an accurate weight reading and BMI assessment. My scales were only 1lb out so I take this into consideration when calculating my weight.
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-06-2012, 07:10 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Hi Sam I recently bought some new scales because I need to lose a bit of weight for health reasons. Having read all the customer reviews on Amazon and Argos which indicated that many aren't accurate the choice was difficult .

I settled for modestly priced electronic scales made by Salter which had reasonably good reviews.
I was not convinced they were accurate so I went to Boots and paid 50p for an accurate weight reading and BMI assessment. My scales were only 1lb out so I take this into consideration when calculating my weight.
Thankyou mini, good luck with the weight loss!
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2012, 10:19 AM
I haven't weighed myself in almost 5 years, barely changed weight though!! Have a hard enough time keeping it on me!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2