Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
josshun
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-07-2010, 01:40 PM

Stupid woman

just droped hubby of at the club comming back stoped at the light's and noticed this little dog in the back of a hatchback with it's front paws on the back seat light's change and she pulled away that quick the pour little dog just bounced of the back window followed her up the street but she never stoped to check the dog wish i had a good memory would have took her number down makes me so mad people have there dog's in the back and not having no thought about it
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2010, 03:10 PM
Yes would you believe we were at the garage getting petrol and there was an elderly man ahead filling his car up whilst a JRT puppy was wandering around the forecourt!

I got out and called it to me, picked it up and handed it to the man who had another JRT on the back seat, He hadn't even noticed the dog was out of the car!

I spoke to him about the benefits of dog crates which we used when we had our Freelander. Now we have a smaaler car we have dog seatbelt harnesses for the 2 dogs. Doesn't bear thinking about what could happen if you had to stop sharply and unrestrained animals flying about. Should be a law to say they should be restrained but there isn't at them moment.

Worse thing we ever saw was a man driving along with a large Bull terrier on his lap with it's head out of the driver's window!! I think he would have got in trouble had the police seen that! Needless to say we kept our distance from him.
josshun
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-07-2010, 10:51 AM
how many more iresponsible pet owner's are there your right how much does a small crate cost or pet seatbelt's to the welfair of your pet's
cintvelt
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-07-2010, 10:59 AM
I get a lot of comments on the fact that I always have Tess on a pet seatbelt when she's in the car.... I'm generally seen as an over protective owner for doing it

But why on earth is it compulsory for everyone else in a car to be buckled in, but not for a dog? If you have an accident, not only will the poor dog go flying, he could also be a very dangerous flying projectile for all others in and around the car....

the logic behind this gap in the law defies me!!!
IngridBrown
New Member!
Female 

06-07-2010, 08:32 AM
I couldn't agree more that dogs should be restrained when travelling in the car. I have two large dalmatians who would certainly be killed if we were involved in an accident and they were loose on the back seat. As it is they travel in the luggage area of my estate behind a dog guard and with a tailgate guard to prevent them flying out if the car boot door opens in an accident.