Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2016, 07:08 AM

Daily Thread, Monday 10th Ocober

Morning everyone, later than ever this morning. Steve has just left for work.

I'm afraid that Steve has reduced the heating in this flat again and so it is cold and I do not feel like getting up when it is cold. Wish he wouldn't interfere, if it is too warm for him shut his bedroom door and open a window.

Now I have to feel cold all day or put the calor gas fire on.

Have a good day everyone, Stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-10-2016, 07:45 AM

Good morning all.
bright and sunny here but bit colder so on with winter pullies for me.
As soon as new chains come for my chain saw this bush stump hopefully I can get out. There are large roots on it.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2016, 07:52 AM
Morning all!! It's lovely and warm here Moyra ... you are most welcome to move in! All the rads are blaring out because Mike had to replace the central heating pump and drain down the system. It still was not working very well, so he put some cleaning stuff through and now we have to have all guns blazing to move all the gunk through. So we are very toasty! We have Holly's chihuahuas staying with us at the moment, and grandson tonight, so Ben is happy with the extra company.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2016, 07:58 AM
Griff - I saw your question on yesterday's Daily Thread. Plans are still just that - plans. Before we sell up here and move southwestwards we've got to tart the house up, put in a new bathroom, new flooring downstairs and decorate. It will likely be a couple of years, but I am constantly reviewing the situation and keeping an eye out on Right Move for a bargain that may come up ahead of time.

I will offer a 25% discount to all Dogsey members plus a few extra goodies for the dogs.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-10-2016, 08:10 AM
We moved from West Midlands to East Sussex a couple of years ago. Wow doesn't seem that long. Moving house is horrendous we have done it a few times now. Everything from a quick 4 day on market to buyer to 6 year wait for buyer. Even taken up to signing and exchange of contract to the buyer backing down at the last minute.

Scotland, I understand, has what we should adopt here. That is once a price agreed neither side can back out ,way before contracts etc
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2016, 08:45 AM
Good morning everyone

Oh dear Moyra Steve seems to rule the house and only thinks of himself he should have more respect for you as you seem to do everything for him. Hugs and hope you manage to get warm

Hope the heating is sorted now Gnasher and good luck with the renovating

Lo ely morning here with the sun shinning. Teazle walked and washing out and have also cleaned the outside of the windows upstairs. Nothing else planed except the ironing now

Have a good day and stay safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2016, 08:50 AM
Morning all. Lovely and sunny here. Must be warm enough as the radiators have turned themselves off. Not been around much as not had much to say. Same old same old really. Have a good day all. Ta Ta. Barry would taking the shots of the moon be different if the surrounding countryside was completely dark eg: no street lights? Will pop in later to see your answer.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-10-2016, 12:35 PM
Afternoon all. Busy busy here.
Austen test driving the car today so should know later whether the problem is now fixed or not. If not may make noises about money back have said we will take it back this time if it is fixed but the moment any lights come on again that will be it.
Got our walk with our friends and their Bernese and Retriever yesterday then they came back for a cuppa.
Dogs good no territorial behavior but some barking from Dillon took me awhile to work out Fern was laying in the doorway and he needed someone to go past with him.
Then we all went down the garden and he decided to nearly knock Cindy off her feet. Apart from that a good time was had by all and I think they will come back.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-10-2016, 01:41 PM
Brenda

No because i can't drive anymore and would need a car to get such shots
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-10-2016, 01:46 PM
Quite cold this morning, had everyone out for a play on the field and back home again before we met anyone.
Got this piccie of Josie (one of Zens litter sisters) in her Halloween costume, she's not thrilled is she They are going to a party, but she's saying she thinks Josie may be going au natural

Got everything crossed here that the the car is finally mended and there are no more visits to the repair shop. You may well get an invite to the staff Christmas Party at this rate Lynn
Been for LPG for the car and filled up for £9, can't beat that can you
Moyra, I think the problem with Steve may well be because he works outside and therefore doesn't feel the cold like you do. The anaemia you are suffering from won't help because you will feel the cold more than usual.I know because I am more used to being outside with the girls, and at one time in my life the horses, and you get used to it. I still haven't got the fire lit even now, bit chillier at night and mornings than it was, soon warm up though, sun is out now and shining in and the room is pretty warm and tonight if I feel cold I'll put a throw round me. When I used to go to my ex's at the weekend I found his house suffocating and he used to have the fire on as well, and I used to go round opening windows and having to stand outside sometimes as well, just to hot for me and I couldn't stand it.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >