Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dreamaday
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-06-2010, 06:21 PM

Mischevious Mutt!

Jasper has had me in stitches today!

I allowed myself an hour of sun worshipping this afternoon before work. I was laid on my back on the lounger showing far too much flesh to the sun, when I heard a splash, looked up to see Jas had finished his bone and had jumped into his paddling pool. No probs there, watched him paddle around and then he lay down in it and just wallowed for a couple of minutes, bless him.

Now I have had dogs for most of my life and I know, as you all do, that when a dog gets out of the water - he shakes!!! However, this little fact somehow managed to evade my concious thought as I was taken in by the boys cuteness!!
I'm sure you can all imagine the next scene, Jasper suddenly seems to realise I am lay down on his level and needs to check me out!! All too late my brain registers black soggy dog hurtling towards me adopting the shake position!!
Fortunately he stops at my feet so I avoid the drenching!

Stupidly I then speak to him!!
This is just too much for him, I am lay down, outside, I smell like coconut oil, he is baffled - he jumps on me!!!!

Picture milky white, bikini clad me (actually please dont!) splatted by black, soaking wet dog!

After I fougt him off, he got all silly and cuddly and playful, I couldnt help but laugh at him, he was sticking his nose in my face and staring at me with huge, slightly manic, playful eyes!
I rolled over onto my front and he burrowed his wet soggy head under my chin, there was me thinking he wanted a cuddle - no -he was blotting his neck and face on my towel!

He is such a lovely boy, he really tries our patience some days, but today all I could do was laugh and cuddle him! he really is a clown.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2010, 09:21 PM

That all just about sums up the pleasure of having a dog around! They are just sheer good fun.

Clearly though you are a bad owner..............having provided the paddling pool, you neglected to lay out a soft white towel for Jas to use on his exit from same. Tut.
dreamaday
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-06-2010, 12:19 PM
Clearly that was where I went wrong!!
must do better next time....
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2010, 01:05 PM
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2010, 01:39 PM
He sounds like such a little charactor, I did have a little giggle at your misfortune there, sorry
Luchi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-06-2010, 02:04 PM
Brilliant.

I am sure you really did need cooling off though, lying in that hot sun, he was just being thoughtful lol
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2010, 02:13 PM
What a lovely story - really made me smile - thanks for sharing it with us
dreamaday
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-06-2010, 03:36 PM
Grommit, he definatley is a character - just not so little (small lab size!!)