Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
LF
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-04-2005, 06:43 AM
Hi Alexa,

Whereabouts do you live? There's a company near Arbroath in Angus that will do what you're looking for if that's any use to you?

Lesley
ALexa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-04-2005, 06:52 AM
Im based in Oxfordshire though I am prepared to travel. So far I have found a place in kent that will do the cages for me. Lel, I am looking for a place who will make the cages to fit the van. But I do like the look of Mo's self made van.....I wasn't looking for a van quite that large but I might be able to get two cages side by side i(what size have you used and how have you fixed them in to stop them moving around,
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2005, 09:00 AM
The cages I have are from Croft,think they are the 45s ones, if you fit them over the wheel arch with storage underneath then you wont need to make any modifications they fit directly into the van, but if you fit inbetween the wheel arches then you may need to take out a portion of the side pannel to fit snug, it depends what breed of dog you have really, mine are a large dog so I needed larger cages, we built a frame work in 2 x two wood, and ply to make platform for top cages,with a wooden lip at the bottom of the cage to stop them sliding back and forth. of course this is to fit a Transit med wheel base, if you get a different van the dimensions will vary, so best bet is to chose your van, measure the inside, and see which crates will fit into it, ensuring they are large enough for your dogs.

Mo
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2005, 09:18 AM
for got to add I have a picture of my lst van a hiace, I fitted two cages in this same size cage, but had them over wheel arch will post a picture for you, but it looks untidy as we were at a rally

Mo
ALexa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-04-2005, 10:52 AM
Brilliant, thanks very much, I have border collies but 4 of them and I use the size cage that you have in your van when needed in the house and they go in two at a time......will have a proper think when we actually get the van as we were going to get a smaller one than yours.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2