View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2008, 01:44 PM
I am so sorry it ended like this Poor Spotty.
~ Laura ~
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-10-2008, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by mandydog View Post
I am utterly appalled at the outcome of this! I would have fought tooth and nail for my dog in that situation.

i would have done anything for spotty he was part of the family but i could never have forgave myself if he done that to a childs face.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2008, 09:50 AM
I just wanted to sympathise with you as I know part of what you are going through, but can't imagine how difficult that final decision must have been for you.

My poor late Jackjack could never be trusted around children and had to wear a muzzle, or be put in his crate around them at all times, I never took the risk with him, but at least I knew his problem when I first got him and was able to take precautions. I am lucky that he was never in a situation like you describe. His trauma came from a very similar beginning though; before I got him, his kennel backed onto a path that was a school run and he was tormented by children constantly. He never got over it. Children can be cruel and thoughtless and you can only hope the parents take some responsibility. I lived with a constant pressure all of his short life from neighbours and family to have my little man put down before he hurt someone.

I had to put Jackjack to sleep, but it was finally his poor breeding and genetic weakness that forced me to make the decision for him.

I hope you and your family can recover from this terrible blow and make room in your heart for another dog in the future.
~ Laura ~
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-10-2008, 05:08 PM
its still a shock, they grow to be part of the family not just a dog, i dont know about getting another dog just now but def in the future, i couldnt live without a doggy i dont think.

miss him loads and loads
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5