View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rio9
New Member!
Female 

08-04-2015, 11:59 PM
Thank you all for the reply and it definitely makes sense! I will be giving this a go for sure!
Rio9
New Member!
Female 

15-04-2015, 07:05 AM
Hi guys - an update.... need more advise please..

Now that we have taken away the shoes its everything else.

We have left toys with our smell on them as advised, they seem to be chewed - but maybe not enough?

please help!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-04-2015, 08:36 AM
Originally Posted by Rio9 View Post
Now that we have taken away the shoes its everything else.
You might have to think about the analogy here but some friends of ours had their house flooded 20 years ago, all their furniture now has a mark where the water came up to.

It was one of those things which no one can control, when people come round they either accept it or they don't come round anymore.

Same with your loveable puppy, get yourself some proper friends who don't see chairs with teeth marks but rather two people who are giving a dog a decent life.

Ditch anyone who looks down their noses and drops hints about needing new furniture etc.

In our house visitors often have to navigate around old beef bones we do (obviously) clear them away when they are completely finished but I'm of an age where 'what the neighbours think' isn't something high on my agenda

Come to think of it, if your butcher had a few surplus beef bones puppy might chew them and not your furniture In England most butchers hand them out for free.
Rio9
New Member!
Female 

18-04-2015, 11:05 PM
Thanks Losos
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2015, 01:59 AM
Same with your loveable puppy, get yourself some proper friends who don't see chairs with teeth marks but rather two people who are giving a dog a decent life.
Absolutely not practical for many people. Nobody wants their house destroyed by a dog. And IMO nobody should have to tolerate it. Might be time to try crate training the dog or confining him. There's no point in letting him destroy things. It's dangerous, absurd,and unacceptable IMO. Perhaps giving him a pair of shoes might deter him, but I wouldn't. Dogs need to learn that only designated items can be chewed.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2