Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MRs B
New Member!
Female 

21-03-2015, 02:05 PM

Stalking Irish Terrier

Our Irish Terrier is 4 years old, we have had him 6 months and is an ex show dog. He is not aggresive.
But stalks towards a dog and just wants to sniff he does not play with other dogs. Now and then he is becomes the dominant dog and will growl
A vet has said that IT's display bad body language to other dogs, any tips from other IT owners would be helpful he is an intact dog
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-03-2015, 09:14 AM
Welcome to Dogsey.

Does he do this with all dogs ? Was he kept in a kennel at the Breeders place. Does he walk stiffly? He sounds like a dog who isn't at ease with other dogs and is approaching in an inappropriate way that other dogs might find threatening.

If its causing problems and you need help than you can contact Sarah Whitehead in Windsor . http://cleverdogcompany.com/
patricia@topaz
New Member!
Female 

23-03-2015, 01:40 PM
Hi - I have an Irish (8 year old bitch) who has never displayed this sort of behaviour. She can be feisty when on lead but when she (and the other dog) can display natural behaviours, she's fine. I mean, she might or might not want to play, but she doesn't stalk in the way you describe.

I'd say this is more your particular dog having issues rather than a breed trait. I'd support Dibbythedog's advice on resolving this.