Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2010, 10:11 PM

Flower ideas needed please.

I'm going to plant a memorial garden where Nance is buried, and I was hoping to be able to plant flowers that are of a orangy or white colour, because of her markings, I thought that it would be nice, but apart from Nasturtium I have no idea what sort of plants would be good for this, and also is there any plants that are a simalar colour but bloom at different times? I really don't know anything about flowers, but would like to be able to make her memorial garden nice.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2010, 10:24 PM
Oh and also to make it harder although Drew wont be allowed loose in there, I'd also like the flowers to be rabbit safe, as it just seems wrong putting unsafe ones on her grave, although that must sound stupid, I'm also wanting to put some of the same type of flowers in a large pot in the room that Nancy and Drew were living in together with some of the soil from where she was buried mixed in with it, so that one will defiantly have to be rabbit safe, incase Drew escapes or something.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2010, 09:47 AM
That's a lovely idea. I have a part of my garden that is a memorial to the cats I have lost, plus my parents 2 cats are buried there aswell. Sadly there are 5 cats there now. I've planted things that I feel remind me of each cat too.

I'm not sure if these plants are bunny safe but they are very slow growing. I've got a beriberis in my front garden with purple flowers on it.

http://www.plant-pictures.net/shrubs...-pictures.aspx
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2010, 11:06 AM
Antirrhinums (snapdragons) are nice. We used to call them `bunny-rabbits`....
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2010, 05:17 PM
Thanks for that info, I really like the Berberis Darminii and the Antirrhinums look great too, so I'm starting to plan get all the names of flowers that I like, and I've also picked the memorial that I'd like to get her too, although I do have to wait to get it which makes me feel horrid, but I've spent so much this week on vet bills, both hers and Magic the chinchilla, and other bills I just can't afford it, so I'm going to buy it as soon as I get paid again.