Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

14-01-2009, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by Windhound View Post
Hi Eunice,thanks for letting us all know what is happening,I had a home lined up dfor this bitch before Christmas,and tried on numerous occaisions to get in touch with her owner. She obviously decided not to return my calls and texts. I cannot force somebody to reply,but it would have been nice to be contacted. rescue is there for those who need it,whatever,but sometimes people abuse the helpthat is offered without condition. Thanks again Sue Simon Borzoi Rescue
Hi Sue I heard via Liz that this was the case and I got in touch with Liz by phone when I got the pm from Lurcherlover.

It is nice to know that the Borzoi Rescue people are so vigilant in our lovely breed.

Eunice
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

14-01-2009, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
i do rescue for a living as well.
and if im honest, my first reaction when i read the original post was it didnt sound like it added up.
call it learnt instinct

I was a bit sceptical too if I am honest and I just hope that what LL said in her pm for the Borzois sake is true, and that it works out for the borzoi and her other dogs, but we can only go by what we are told.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2009, 11:38 AM
Well, I'm not impressed with the OP, but if nothing else this post just shows how quickly and efficiently Borzoi people step in to try and secure the welfare of any Borzoi.

Well done Eunice and Borzoi welfare.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

14-01-2009, 12:20 PM
Hali There is really no need for thanks as it is my pleasure to do anything for the borzoi who as you know is a breed I adore.

It is very comforting to know that Liz and Sue are there and act quickly when they are made aware of a borzoi in need. This is why I would always urge people to contact one or both of the breed rescues, who both work well together for the welfare of the breed , if they find themselves in the unfortunate, position of needing to rehome a borzoi.

In a lot of cases the two rescues contact the breeder who will take the Borzoi back and either keep it or rehome it, but unfortunately in this case the breeder had died, but as can seen from Sue's post she had already found a suitable home for this dog had it been necessary.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2009, 01:37 PM
Why would someone be so rude, in not replying to peoples texts, messages, etc As well as not updating the thread All very strange indeed. It's nice to know that there is a caring network out there though, for when genuine people/dogs need help
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2009, 01:54 PM
I agree it is a shame that the OP didn't feel willing or able to come on here and tell us her decision. I do hope the situation works out okay for the borzoi and the OP's other dogs.

Well done rescue for being so quick off the mark and in a position to help immediately.
dizzybee
New Member!
Female 

14-01-2009, 03:07 PM
Looks like my sympathy was wasted I just felt so sorry for someone in a very sad situation
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2009, 03:16 PM
You have to feel sorry for the dog most of all and I still worry that it might be in a dodgey situation.
I know hindsight is a marvellous thing but I had some alarm bell ringing early on too.
I even got half way through writing a reply to one post and then thought it might be a bit inflammatory and who was I to judge, so I deleted it
Hope all goes well for this bitch and and that she is in a happy home.
Windhound
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-01-2009, 01:49 AM
Since my first conversation with this young lady I did have a few misgivings as to her reasons for wanting to rehome her bitch,I have been running Borzoi Rescue since 1982,and over the years you tend to build up a sixth sense of the genuine and the not so truthful. My main concern is the welfare and wellbeing of the breed that I love and cherish. Borzoi are a very sensitive breed and I will do all that I can to help anybody that asks for my help,as do Liz and Nigel Dawson who do Northern Borzoi Rescue. I just hope that this particular bitch is ok. Thanks to all of you for your concern. Sue Simon
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4