Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

30-12-2008, 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by stubbylee View Post
Hi,
My name is Elizabeth Dawson . I am the Vice Chair of the Northern Borzoi Association and the Co-ordinator of the N.B.A. Welfare and Rescue. I understand that you have a Borzoi in need of help and if you would care to contact me my e-mail is stubbylee@theborzoi.com or landline 01706 878800 or mobile 07976 666435. I look forwards to hearing from you.
kind regards.
Elizabeth
Hi Liz

Lovely to see you here I did pm the poster and she said that Northern Borzoi had been contacted???

Eunice
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2008, 08:12 PM
So sorry to hear that you will have to part with your lovely Borzoi.

Please don't feel a failure. You have done and are still doing your very best.

My thoughts are with you. Hope it all works out. Best wishes.
Windhound
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-12-2008, 06:53 PM
:- My name is Sue Simon and I run Independant Borzoi Rescue. The lady who owns this Borzoi was advised before Christmas of my number, and she contacted me. I ascertained that who she had bought her bitch from, not at 6months which she was telling people but at 10 weeks. She was blaming the breeder for the nervousness of her bitch and all other problems. I got back to her with a number to call where there was all help and assistance offered to take her bitch and rehome her(the breeder died last year). So far I have left 5 messages on her mobile plus texts,the number she gave me for her partner is unobtainable. She has chosen not to return my calls. I advised Liz Dawson(Northern Borzoi Rescue)last night in the hope that she might have contacted her. I can only help somebody when they choose to communicate.
dizzybee
New Member!
Female 

11-01-2009, 05:21 PM
Hope you soon find her a good home and if you need a shoulder to cry on I am a big lady with wide shoulders big hugs to you
warlord0
Dogsey Junior
Male 

11-01-2009, 10:02 PM
I'm sorry it hasn't worked out for the dog and it's being rehomed. But taking a dog on is a serious business. If you find they are unable to get on with your existing pack what contingencies where made for this eventuality? Seems to me like it couldn't have been thought through enough.

Don't cry on my shoulder. Split your land, segregate your dogs but you must respond to the decision that you, not your dog made to take it on in the first place.

Sure it's hard on you, as it should be. Who's fault is it? - not the dogs.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

12-01-2009, 06:24 PM
I had a pm from Lurcherlover on 2 Jan 09, when she informed me she has decided to keep her borzoi I sent her a pm back suggesting she post her decision on here so everyone was aware, of the outcome , but since she has not had the courtesy to do this I have takenthe initiative to post this so you can all stop worrying.
Woodstock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-01-2009, 10:42 AM
Thanks Lovezois. Much appreciated.
Windhound
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-01-2009, 11:41 PM
Hi Eunice,thanks for letting us all know what is happening,I had a home lined up dfor this bitch before Christmas,and tried on numerous occaisions to get in touch with her owner. She obviously decided not to return my calls and texts. I cannot force somebody to reply,but it would have been nice to be contacted. rescue is there for those who need it,whatever,but sometimes people abuse the helpthat is offered without condition. Thanks again Sue Simon Borzoi Rescue
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2009, 06:59 AM
Thanks for that, Eunice.

What a shame the OP didn't have the courtesy to tell us herself......
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-01-2009, 07:04 AM
i do rescue for a living as well.
and if im honest, my first reaction when i read the original post was it didnt sound like it added up.
call it learnt instinct.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >