Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2006, 10:37 AM

Loyal dogs...ye right!

just got back from a fantastic walk round our local park with all three dogs. Saturn even managed a 100% recall away from new dogs, 95% when other dogs were around...IF he wasn't past what I call his critical distance...and if he got to new dogs ( who were all lovely) he came back once he'd licked them into oblivion, infact, he looked for us. Progress indeed!

My Border collie though...my lovely, well behaved, adorable BC, who is loyal to a fault and my boy:smt007 :smt007
Well, he showed his true colours.
After us sitting down to enjoy the day and give the dogs a break, a couple we know came up for a chat with their dog, a flattie cross, Saturn had a play and the Biff stayed with his ball and Mo remained aloof, resting under a tree...all very nice.

More people turn up with a couple more dogs, slightly furhtur away, we know them so allow Saturn the chance to go say 'hi'...fine and dandy.
Mo, in the meantime takes the opportunity to bu**er off with the couple with the flattie X, as they were throwing a stick for him...he disappears off with them. We shout him...he turns his whole body round and looks, we wave and shout (he knows, by the way we have our park only for good recalls hotdogs with us)...does he come back??????
No, he turns round and waits for them to throw the stick again...which they do ( laughing a lot at this point!) and he gets it and takes it back ......TO THEM!!!
Who siad dogs were loyal huh????!!!! :smt043 :smt042
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2006, 10:46 AM
dogs just crack me up
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-06-2006, 11:40 AM
That made me laugh.

Earlier I took Cassy to the vets for them to check her mouth after having a tooth out last week. Cassy hates the vets at the best of times but after her stay in last week she was in a real panic today. Cassy jumped up on the ladies knee who was sat next to me for a cuddle and a bit of reassurance and plonked her head right on her shoulder, guess Cassy didn't trust me after I was a horrid mum last week and left her there.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-06-2006, 12:13 PM
Awwww to both posts.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2006, 12:23 PM
Dogs can be so funny!!!:smt042