Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-08-2007, 09:57 AM

Trying to be a gentleman!

Hi,

I have had my friend in that takes Blackie for a walk on a morning and he has told me about something that happened to him yesterday.

He was on the bus going into the town, when the bus stops at one of the bus stops, a young woman gets on and she looked preggy, so my friend gave up his seat, as he was near the front for this woman, what happened? he got verbally abused basically she wasn't preggy just a bit overweight!

I used to give up my seat too, but often I thought "are they preggy or not" and thought I better not in case I get my self into trouble.

It is a sad world were in now.

Ian
Papillon
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-08-2007, 10:31 AM
Oh dear ......
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2007, 11:33 AM
Just give up your seat because they're a woman!
Becky
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2007, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Becky
Exactly what I was thinking!
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2007, 11:40 AM
Hell she should have just taken the seat!

Most of the time I would make the same mistake about men if it was actually possible for them to be pregnant.

I think you should be able to tell if someone is chubby as opposed to pregnant though.

Why is it a sad world now? Were there no chubby people who could be mistaken for being pregant in the old days or just that the woman would have been more quietly offended in the old days? lol
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

05-08-2007, 11:49 AM
I think that when we were younger were were taught manners whereas a lot of the young one's today, do not know what manners are. Having said that I am not saying all young people are like that. there are some who are very mannerly.
I can always remember my dad who would always give up his seat on a bus to a female the same as he would always walk to the outside of the pavement, he called it good manners to treat a female like that but sadly we have lost a lot of this nowadays. I suppose with equality we have to take the bad as well as the good.
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-08-2007, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Becky
I used to do it all the time, then we got all these equal rights people now you daren't open a door for a woman in case you get your head chewed off, ( I still do open doors etc)

Originally Posted by myschievous View Post
Hell she should have just taken the seat!

Most of the time I would make the same mistake about men if it was actually possible for them to be pregnant.

I think you should be able to tell if someone is chubby as opposed to pregnant though.

Why is it a sad world now? Were there no chubby people who could be mistaken for being pregant in the old days or just that the woman would have been more quietly offended in the old days? lol
I agree when a lady is nearing the end you can tell, but when they are half way etc sometimes it is hard to tell these days.

In the olden days there wasn't as many ladies showing there bellies, and overweight ones at that. they used to cover up or wear things that didn't show it as much. Sorry but these days the young woman don't dress respectfull, half the time. I could go on but I won't, unless you want me to.

Ian
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-08-2007, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
I think that when we were younger were were taught manners whereas a lot of the young one's today, do not know what manners are. Having said that I am. I can always remember my dad who would always guive up his seat on a bus to a female the same as he would always walk tot he outside of the pavement, but sadly we have lost a lot of this nowadays.
Exactly, I was taught the way your dad behaved. It was the only rightfull thing to do. I was also brought up that a man 'looked after' after the ladies - carried bags, do the hard work etc but now it is nearly the other way around.

That is what gets me about being cared for by ladies, I see them doing things that should be MY job not theres.
Ian
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2007, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by Hoggett View Post
I could go on but I won't, unless you want me to.
No it's ok damn the fat heffa's of today
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-08-2007, 12:00 PM
I know it is not easy when you are overweight, I used to be 18.5 stone, (now 14st) I know that to lose weight is very very hard, but surely when these woman look at themselves in a mirror don't they see that they have a bit of a problem? and try to at least cover up, instead of squeezing themselves into clothes that are too small for them and think they look good?

I know that if I were a woman I defiantly wouldn't flaunt it.

Ian
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >