Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2017, 07:47 AM

Daily Thread, Wednesday, 8th February

Good morning all, bitterly cold night again.

Lynn, glad you got some more handles for your doors. that will be a job well done.

June, sorry you are still fretting so much over the dogs and any noise they make. It isn't practical to stop them making all noise, they are dogs after all and this cannot be doing your health any good either.

Griff, so sorry you are still not happy with your hair cut, I take it you used a different hair dresser.

Sue, I am glad you like your new car, shame about the spare key but I am sure they can get that for you without too much trouble.

LG and Harvey, hope all is well with you and yours.

Mandy, Brenda, Nippy Jen and Brian, and Norma and Kazz hope you are all ok.

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well, God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-02-2017, 07:57 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Wet underfoot still and cold here.

Dillon at vet this afternoon for his cartrophen top up. Other than that all is well with him.
A parcel to send for Mark who seems to have no time at the moment with his travelling to and from Harlow. Really stressing him out. He has a sort of interview tomorrow for a scaffolding company in Stortford sort of informal chat.
Have everything crossed this is successful for his sanity and mine. He can then start thinking about moving back.

June I can understand your state of mind especially worrying he may take it out on the dogs. It is a real shame someone in authority is not taking this more seriously.
Hope everyone is feeling well and all our four legged friends are to.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2017, 10:01 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn and all who follow

Keep warm Moyra and think Spring will soon be here but first another artic blast this weekend

Fingers crossed for Mark and the interview tomorrow it will be one step towards getting a place to live with Joel. Hugs to Dillon ad his cartrophen injection this afternoon

Hugs June you must be really at the end of your tether

Dull here with a light breeze so have taken the opportunity to change and wash the bedding which is. now on the line. I know I have not had the car keys Moyra but as is always the case (or so it seems) its not their fault but mine. Will phone them at the end of week to see if one has been ordered. Hair cut time at lunch time

Hope everyone is keeping well

Have a good day and stay safe.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-02-2017, 10:35 AM
Yes this car key thing is a nuisance but will get sorted eventually. Have to say not happy with this squirty tyre repair thing so just ordered a space saver off ebay that is new with jack and nut spanner. Lot cheaper than honda can supply. I feel a lot happier with that in the spare wheel compartment. For the extra cost added to the vehicle most new ownes would be prepared to pay that bit extra.

Did a short video with my dashcam to give an idea of how good/bad it is.
Taken in pub car park with car reversing

Well pleased with the quality and shows car plates in other videos very clearly
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-02-2017, 11:35 AM
Wow that's excellent quality on the dash cam tumbleweed
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-02-2017, 11:55 AM
June, in your situation I'd be asking the council dog/animal warden round for a chat. You'll then be able to find out if there have been any complaints and show them what steps you're taking to prevent excessive noise and what you've had to put up with. That way you can get them on your side and they're not all ogres. I know our local warden quite well through some charity collections we used to do and helping him and the local dog trainer with the Good Citizen classes.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-02-2017, 01:14 PM
Cold and foggy here today.
But still we walk.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-02-2017, 02:23 PM
From what I can gather there is no one else bothered about my dogs and any noise they may or may not make. Just this aggressive manchild living in his mothers back bedroom
I did actually get a bit more sleep last night. Have had girls out this morning for a good run, I could do with getting them out for their normal longer walks, at present though it is very muddy and am being super careful with Keshi's feet after the trench foot episode in the monsoons of last winter. Lona is moving a little better now, still not 100% though, so she is on restricted exercise.
I've been to Home Bargains and bought some coal as the coal bunker is virtually empty and we've got a cold snap coming up.
Lynn, hoping the Catrophen top up goes well for Dillon and he improves and is pain free again for a good while.
Watching Father Brown, then going to hoover the stairs and get to grips with the kitchen. Not quite so tired today
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2017, 04:22 PM
June, glad you got a bit more sleep last night, you have a lot to catch up on.

Lynn, hope Mark does well with the interview. Fingers crossed.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2017, 05:06 PM
Tara Palmer-Tomkinson aged 45 has died from a brain tumour just three months after announcing she was suffering from one. Far too young to go RIP Tara.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >