register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-09-2012, 06:00 PM
How about the local library for free 1 hour internet access?? Things are always going wrong with my laptop and I usually spend time there at least 2 or 3 times a year. Amazing what you can do in an hour online if you're pushed!!!
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2012, 06:24 PM
Sorry to hear you are having problems.

I have to say Virgin have been great when we have moved or had any technical hitches in the past. Price or us was cheaper than other providers too.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-09-2012, 08:26 AM
To be honest-i dont think either are any better or worse than the other and its just luck of the draw whether you get problems or not.If you find a good provider and dont suffer excessive problems then stay with them and dont let costs swing your opinion.

Im currently back with Virgin after being messed about for several years by Sky who in my personal opinion are crap and annoyingly keep ringing me up asking me to switch back.I had 4 Sky+ boxes in the space of 18 months just stop working for no darn good reason,loss of signal when the engineer stuck the dish behind a hoofing great big tree and when i could actually get through to customer services after what seemed an eternity of waiting i couldnt understand them due to them all speaking with a strong scottish accent!

Virgin are not exempt from blame though.Their customer services are in India so also hard to understand,but i must say their follow up call when you've had a problem totally outshine Sky.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2012, 11:41 AM
the best thing to do is threaten to leave - you will get put through to retentions department who will try and keep you. you might be in a contract but if they are not supplying service then you can argue it... effectively its rented anyway the actual service like TIVo etc so you can just advise them to come and collect it... be really sharp with them, insist you want to leave - and you will get a manager or retentions and i guarantee they will sort you out.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2012, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
Emmi, I think I might be a bit more sympathetic to the logistical issues if they seemed to give a damn! I get that it's a big job, but seeing how it was their error, I still think they can do it faster than two weeks. One person said they would put a note on our account in case there is a cancellation but didn't sound hopeful that it would make any difference. But that indicates to me that things could be rearranged/prioritised if they were so inclined. But they are not. They haven't even said sorry!

Oh no, don't get me wrong i hate them haha.

But they did waive our last 2 months bills when we left. Houseshare with a trainee lawyer and get them to complain!!!!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-09-2012, 02:39 PM
I dont believe it-Sky have just literally rang me again!!!

I fobbed them off saying i was busy cos i know its to get me to switch back to them.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2012, 06:22 PM
Supposedly finally getting reconnected tomorrow. We'll see....
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2