View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2012, 06:42 PM
I am still loving mine and have read over 60 books since buying it before Christmas. I finished one the other night, and enjoyed it so much, I bought the next one in the series right there and then!

Helen
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2012, 06:49 PM
I've downloaded a few free books so that's a bonus. I've got used to reading from the Kindle. I do like not having to use the other hand to turn the page when I'm curled up and not losing my page if I fall asleep. However, on balance I still prefer a book.
Pysces
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-03-2012, 09:20 PM
My hubby got me one for my birthday last year, and I still love it. I can re-size the font and alter the spacing, making reading more easy for me and I can pop it in my handbag with 100+ books on it, rather than one or two tatty paperbacks.
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-03-2012, 12:04 AM
I adore my Kindle, I was very sceptical about them, I love books, love the smell of them, the noise a book makes when your the first person to crack it open, and could quite happily read all day. It took me a few weeks to get used to the kindle but now I wouldn't be without it, being able to download a book in seconds is just the best thing ever, I'm not known for my patience so this is a big plus for me.

At the moment I'm reading just about one of the best books I've read ( except George RR Martin and Robin Hobb)
It's The Name of The Wind and is a first novel, but it's blimmin' brilliant, think, Harry Potter for adults, i can't put it down.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2012, 07:26 AM
I am getting on very well with my Kobo. Like celli, I was very sceptical. I LOVE proper paper books and for me, an e-reader will never ever entirely replace them. However I picked mine up because I was going in holiday and didn't want to carry a couple ofbig paperbacks. Turned out great I find the screen very easy to read (was worried there would be glary back light like a computer screen) and it doesn't make my eyes ache. I love how small and transportable it is so fit in my bag. I like how it remembers the page you are at. Most of all, I love being able to access books instantly. For example I started reading the Hunger Games and demolished it in a day, then at 10pm I was able to download the next book instantly I love that mine is touchscreen, and I like not being limited to a single store where I download my books from. I wondered if I was taking a gamble by not getting a Kindle, but the Kobo is great. Still got a whole bookcase full of my favourite books though

Am off to download The Name of The Wind, thanks celli
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-03-2012, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post

Am off to download The Name of The Wind, thanks celli
Hope you love it as much as I am
There's a second one too.
Dolce
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-03-2012, 10:40 AM
Maybe a dogsey book club is in order.

I'm very happy with my kindle, i took it to Poland at the weekend, and was able to check in here! It's a bit clunky as an internet browser but adequate for quick use, and free, unlike my rip off phone contract.

Im currently reading The Penal Colony, a freebie. Not my usual sort of book, but engaging enough. Its too easy to stack up the books, got 40 queued up, just added The name of the wind to my wish list!!
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2012, 10:48 AM
Originally Posted by celli View Post
Hope you love it as much as I am
There's a second one too.
I actually remember picking this book up in a book shop ages ago, I remember the front cover, although I have never actually read it. I'll let you know what I think
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2012, 04:35 PM
My children bought me one for Christmas. I thought about getting one before and then decided maybe not as I'm an avid reader. Trouble is over here I have had to rely on the second hand market and I've pretty much read most of the books that I'm keen on. Now I've got my Kindle I'm in seventh heaven. I always download via my pc - that way I can browse... the free books are good too. I love it, never again will I run out of books to read.
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by Dolce View Post
Maybe a dogsey book club is in order.

!
I think that's a great idea.

I've just finished The Name of The Wind, and I'm so glad there's a second one waiting to be read, it really leaves you desperate to know the whole story, the authors very good at revealing one mystery only to throw three more at you.
Page 6 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »