View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2005, 02:31 PM
All mine have been rescues - a case of falling in love then finding out what we got, in fact one of them we had no idea what we had till we unmatted her and cleaned her up then we found a long coated chihuahua hiding inside !
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2005, 02:58 PM
absolutely none...fell in love with her at rescue centre but did a little research whilst waiting for her and decided even more that she was gonna be a little bundle of joy!! and she has exceeded our expectations!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2005, 03:10 PM
My sister had two Bichons for about 15 years so I knew pretty much what sort of dog they were and how much grooming etc I did go on some Bichon sites on the internet and read a couple of books but that was about all
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2005, 03:23 PM
OTT borderline out of control research

It was great fun though, and stumbled across info that we weren't even looking for.

Don't regret the research process for a bit, it made us face the negatives as well as the positives that were uncovered, and it's made us steadfast in our choice of breed.

Graeme
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-05-2005, 03:43 PM
It took us 3 years on and off. Basically at the time we were living with a Staffie that wasn't ours. We didn't want a Staffie because we didn't want to replace Murphy, but then realised every other breed we looked at wasn't suitable because it wasn't a Staffie

Graeme
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2005, 03:51 PM
Glad you realised you coldnt have anything but a staffie Graeme - they are the best !!! LOL

I knew I always wanted a dog, so when I started working from home I started to investigate - my granny always had gsd's but I am allergic to dog hair so had to look for something that didnt lose to much hair and was short haired. My hubby had grown up with a rottie - so we did consider that first. However then he took me to meet his cousins staffie - and that was it - i was in love - we babysat him for a week whilst they were on holiday and I was sold. I did research to the extent that I knew what to expect, and originally my criteria was that I wanted a red one, youngish and well behaved and I ended up with Bruno the terror, who has to be about the worst behaved dog in the world, he is black & brown brindle and white, he is cheeky and he was 1 1/2 when we got him - but when tracie emailed me his photo with his cheeky face that was it - I WANTED him - and he is so fab I wouldnt change him for the world !!

dani
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2005, 03:55 PM
Absolutely none wotsoever. We had my sisters staffie for about a 12month and she was great. We read books and did research on the net when we had her, I got totally hooked on the breed and when we lost her there was absolutely no doubt wotsoever that we would always have a staffie
Traci
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2005, 04:15 PM
I read a book on different breeds and everything it said about the eurasier was wrong so it put me off for a while, then i found out what they were really like and got one. The Cocker spaniel i have always liked so when CC put a pic up on here of Smudge i had to have him
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2005, 04:45 PM
Not a great deal before we got Seiko....but we coped and we love the way he is...

A lot of research for the new pup though.. still researching yet.. 3 years later..

Louise
Hamstaff
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-05-2005, 05:20 PM
Well, I actually wanted an English Bull Terrier cos my friend had a GORGEOUS white dog who I adored. When I was able to have a dog of my own, they were just out of my price range. So, a friend said, why don't you get a Staff, I said, get a what! Can you imagine that? A time when someone actually did not know what a SBT is?? Anyway, I went and had a look at a few books and thought , yes, I like the look of them. So, I bought my first Sbt when I was 17 years old and have never looked back. I still have a mild ache for a Bully but would only get one if I had so much space that I could have as many SBT as I want, AND an EBT
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >