Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2005, 01:41 PM

How much research

How much research did you put in before deciding on you chosen breed?
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2005, 01:43 PM
To much probably
I'm pretty obsessive sometimes
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2005, 01:43 PM
Actually quite a lot. As I´ve done with allmost all my animals before getting them.

To me its important you understand what you´re getting into
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

26-05-2005, 01:44 PM
this will sound bad - but absolutley nothing - Bouncer was my first Border Collie and he was a rescue - it was a case of this dog needs a home right now and I gave him a home.

But I did do my research while I had him and bought loads of books on training and behaviour and I started a course on canine behaviour and training ( didn;t finish it though )
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2005, 01:45 PM
well when we went to get a staffy, my older bro had one, we knews loads of people who had them, we know some breeders! also on the net and read books, then we decided the breed was for us!!
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2005, 01:51 PM
i didnt do any research into getting my two boys,having owned a border collie many years ago i new there was not much different to owning a blue merle colie and having been bought up in farm life there has been loads of collies with us so i know pretty much what owning a collie would envolve
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-05-2005, 01:52 PM
I did some research and read a few boxer books but my OH used to have a boxer so knew loads more about boxers than me
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-05-2005, 01:54 PM
None at at.. I saw my first Mini Schnauzer at the age of 15 and said 'I am in love that is the dog for me' and I have had one ever since
olive
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-05-2005, 02:23 PM
I did quite a bit of research. We had looked into getting a whippet for about a year and had researched the breed extensively, but something kept putting me off, a whippet just didn't seem to suit my personality but they were so lovely and gentle I just kept putting the doubts to the back of my mind. Then one night I was sitting watching Groundforce and this redheaded devil appeared on the screen - an Irish Terrier. The dog clattered into Tommy the builder guy, knocking him off his feet and then licked his face as he lay flat on his back - I was smitten. I spent a few months researching the breed and similar breeds, airedale, welsh, wire fox but kept going back to the redheads. (I have always wanted red hair so I think that helped sway things ). I must admit certain things did worry me about the Irish to begin with, eg not good with other dogs, difficult to train, being very headstrong, but I felt the positives outweighed the negatives so I took the plunge and added a redhead to my family....I've never looked back.
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2005, 02:31 PM
We stumbles across scrumpy, my neighbour bred him and we fell in love, but i did some reading before bringing him home.

I did ALOT of reading about border collies, met breeders dogs, met owners dogs etc
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >