Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2009, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by whippetwatch View Post
She sounds like a self obsessed, media loving numpty.

I have never respected her, and although I have some sympathy for her now, I cannot believe that someone can live their life and now death behaving with such bad taste and lack of any semblance of dignity.

She is a money worshipper right to the end. It is obscene.

Not a fan then Whippetwatch
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2009, 08:52 PM
Whippetwatch.
I would have a look at Lionhounds post again. It wasn't about JG but another posters mother.

I find this subject hard but I woudn't like to comment about anyone who is in this position or how they deal with it. I just find it very sad.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2009, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by gsdmad View Post
I can understand her reasons for doing so but i also wont be watching.
My dad dies from liver and bowel cancer when i was living away at college- i only realised how severe it was when i got home one friday and he was just coming out of hospital for the weekend(he was only diagnosed that day as he had been ill for a few weeks) at the time i didnt realise he was coming home to spend a few days with his family- i thought he had weeks/months left. he was due to return to hospital on the sunday evening but collapsed and died half an hour before returning.
All my dad wanted was to die in dignity- he collapsed in the toilet and as i was the only one in the house at the time i called an ambulance- and they have to try and revive them for 20 mins for legal reasons. That was the most heartbreaking time in my life. his death was not peaceful nor was it 'pretty'.
Im saying this because i really dont see how they can televise her death- my dad had blood coming from anywhere it could and i would never ever wish that i could go through it again by watching again. I was 17 at the time and almost 4 yrs on his death haunts me and i really cant see her own children feeling nothing but grief in the years to come when they ask to watch it- as no doubt they will when they are older.
I'd assumed she would have a peaceful death, pain-killers, drifting off kind of scenario. If she goes similar to your poor Dad, I don't think they'd dare broadcast it. There would be public outrage surely.

Must have been awful to see someone you love go through that. Watching my Brother die slowly in a hospital bed over 6 weeks still haunts me, 6 years later but if he'd gone like your Dad, don't think I'd be able to get it out of my head. I can understand totally why you wouldn't watch Jade's passing, after what you witnessed
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
I'd assumed she would have a peaceful death, pain-killers, drifting off kind of scenario. If she goes similar to your poor Dad, I don't think they'd dare broadcast it. There would be public outrage surely.
And thats the sad fact, who can say how it will be in the end... and god what a bl**dy thought, we are wondering how it will end and if it is suitable for broadcasting..

That's my whole point... for goodness sake where is the dignity in this..

Shame on those who have persuaded her to even contemplate such a thing.

She is a young girl with not to such common sense at the best of times, she is being manipulated to the end... has she really thought this through, I doubt it.

What will be considered OK to broadcast...her slipping of in a nice quiet sleep.. those of us who have witnessed death involving cancer will know it is the furthest from the thruth.

And to be even discussing what will be acceptable in the last hrs to be broadcast shows a lack of respect.

What kind of world are we living in, where we are actually waiting eagerly for such an event to happen and second guessing how she will go, and what will be deemed OK or not to show.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2009, 12:07 AM
If it is true, I really couldn't blame her for cashing in for the sake of her kids.

At the end of the day TV made her a reality star and that is how she has made her money in life and the media truly has had more than their pound of flesh from Jade. To me if she chooses to make her last money in death, it is practically owed to her.

It could have been me if the results had gone the other way and I thank God they didn't. My heart goes out to her, she is way too young to die
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2009, 12:29 AM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
What is wrong with broadcasting a death, anyone's death?

I guess because I work with people who are facing death I get quite upset at anyone almost turning away from it...and I don't mean personally, if you don't want to watch then don't, but as a society.
We film birth and have come on in huge strides as far as choice in birth. Yes it is a positive on the whole but there was a time when filming that would've made people shudder.

I hope one day everyone get's their choice in death. That people can realise they don't have to be in hospital, or at home, they have a choice. Obviously this only applies those those with a knowledge that sooner or later they will be dying, the frail and terminally ill.
But as a society to turn away upsets me as death could be so much easier for so many if we didn't.

I respect whatever choice she makes for money or not, and I also respect anyone who chooses to turn off.

I would also imagine it wouldn't be shown if didn't go quite to plan, which may happen the same way births don't always go well.
I feel a birth is a happy and joyus occasion, I wouldn't say the same for a death, it is completely different.

I once watched a doc on a very terminally ill woman who travelled abroad for euthanasia, it showed you right up to her in the 'dying room' but didn't show her take the substance and die, although it did voice over a description of events. That for me was chilling enough.

Originally Posted by whippetwatch View Post
She sounds like a self obsessed, media loving numpty.

I have never respected her, and although I have some sympathy for her now, I cannot believe that someone can live their life and now death behaving with such bad taste and lack of any semblance of dignity.

She is a money worshipper right to the end. It is obscene.
Please read posts properly before you jump ww...

This is just a rumour at the end of the day so no need to get nasty really is there, and even if it is true it's Jade's choice so who are we to say what is right or wrong or condemn people for their choices in life just because we, personally, may not make the same ones??? Who made the rule of the 'correct' way to die for crying out loud?

FWIW yes I have personally witnessed someone die from cancer and it isn't nice, it's rare that you slip away in your sleep, it is almost a certianty that Jade will be very ill towards the end and even before she dies, it will not be comfortable viewing.

I do also have to agree though that Jade seems that she could be very easy manipulated if some sick twisted person wanted to manipulate her at this time she would be even more vunerable than she has ever been...
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2009, 08:48 AM
At the end of the day she is I'm sure doing it for the right reasons...her boys. As for those who find it disturbing we all have a choice....don't watch it.
I am sure that she will just 'slip away' under a mass of pain killers and so I wonder if someone is facing the same outcome as Jade wether this may be of help.
For whatever reason she is doing this she is a young mother dying of an incurable condition and IMO it is wrong to 'call her'.She is making decisions that most of us thankfully will never have to face and wether she makes the right or the wrong ones I am sure she is doing what she thinks is best.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2009, 05:31 PM
The whole thing is just a rumour. Her wedding is going to be covered by the media, but that is the last thing that she will do.
whippetwatch
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-02-2009, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post

Please read posts properly before you jump ww...
I don't need to read any posts "properly" to be able to voice my opinion.

Jade Goody disgusts me - always has, always will do.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2009, 06:01 PM
The comment you made was regarding this post which I would suggest you read carefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy
My mother died of Cervical Cancer. When she knew she had it, she went out and did everything she`d ever planned to do. The doctors gave her another 10 years and in that time she travelled the world, did voluntary work in London, learned to ride a horse, do yoga, drive a car, joined the Church and got back in touch with her extended family. She also carefully prepared my Dad for Widower-hood - teaching him to cook and keep house. When her time came she died privately and with dignity.
She left nothing but her personal effects....but we all remember her as someone of great courage, who lived life to the full. She was a wonderful example to us all.

She sounds like a wonderful, strong woman and one to be proud of

Just an idea
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >