Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2009, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
Yeah I have read that too..and I wouldn't watch it..BUT if she gets offered millions.. then I would understand why should would...I mean she isn't going to be spending it so it can only be to safeguard her kids future..

And to be honest if I was faced with this..and offered the chance..I would take it for my kids too
I have to agree, i'd take it for mine too, it's a lot of money and would safeguard them for life.

But who on earth would broadcast it in all honesty?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
I have to agree, i'd take it for mine too, it's a lot of money and would safeguard them for life.

What upsets me the most about this is.. regarding her children is the fact money seems to be the priority for a secure future for these children... what happened to worrying over their well being, having supporting family protecting them from and through the grief they will experience.. they will be losing their mum, do you think in the future, when looking back they will be happier to know, they spent the time they had with their mother, in secure warm private surrounding.. or knowing she was manipulated into a money making circus..

If I wa sin that position, money would be the last thing on my mind... making sure my kids had loving family to bring them up would be the most important thing to me... even if they did not have a penny to their name... love and security to children is what matters... not what kind of education they received,.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2009, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
That's true, but sadly you will have the macabre element of
viewers tuning in... and for the life of me, how can this be best for her children.

Do they need millions, JG has already made a fortune, does she not already have enough money to secure the children's future.. with the right advice and investment..her kids should be well cared for till they reach adulthood.

The man choosing to die in Sweden the other month was a far cry from this .... yes it was televised (did not watch it) but it was not done in the middle of a media circus... with vultures hanging on for the best price.
So long as Jade is happy with whatever terms she agrees to, I can't see an issue. If her boys look back on it in the future, they will know their Mum did it for one reason, them, so why would they mind.

And I don't suppose they'd have a whole studio full of people. It most likely would be in a private room in a Hospice and I assume it will be one of the crew filming that she has got to know well during the recent recording of her life on t.v.

As for them needing millions, no of course they don't need it but as a Mother myself, if I knew I was dying, I'd do absolutely everything I could to ensure that the childrens' financial future was safe. Private Schools and Uni don't come cheap and, as their Father will no doubt be bringing them up, she probably wants to make sure that they don't go without anything. She can't be around for them for the rest of their lives but she can make sure that with the money she leaves, they have every opportunity to fulfil their potential. I don't blame her one bit.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2009, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post

What is wrong with broadcasting a death, anyone's death?

I guess because I work with people who are facing death I get quite upset at anyone almost turning away from it...and I don't mean personally, if you don't want to watch then don't, but as a society.
We film birth and have come on in huge strides as far as choice in birth. Yes it is a positive on the whole but there was a time when filming that would've made people shudder.

I hope one day everyone get's their choice in death. That people can realise they don't have to be in hospital, or at home, they have a choice. Obviously this only applies those those with a knowledge that sooner or later they will be dying, the frail and terminally ill.
But as a society to turn away upsets me as death could be so much easier for so many if we didn't.

I respect whatever choice she makes for money or not, and I also respect anyone who chooses to turn off.

I would also imagine it wouldn't be shown if didn't go quite to plan, which may happen the same way births don't always go well.
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2009, 04:42 PM
I wouldn't choose to watch someones death as it would be too upsetting . However if that's what Jade wants to do to get money for her children then that's entirely up to her . As others have said she wants them to have private education and hopefully go to university so that is expensive . The poor little boys won't have their Mum at least the way she is doing things money won't be an issue
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2009, 04:46 PM
It isn't something I would choose to watch.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-02-2009, 04:47 PM
I think the difference between birth and death is one of a joyous occasion and the other is grief.. and watching people in happy times is one thing, but watching grief stricken families is a little macabre.

For me it is intrusion at the most private time in our lives.. to think someone had a camera pointed on any of my family when we where either at a death bed or funeral is to abhorrent to think about.

Yes death is natural ... but for me it is for family alone..and as private as private as can be.

Everyone is entitled to do what they feel is best.. just like JG... but I wonder how much was actually her idea and how much she has been manipulated into doing this.

I for one will not be tuning in.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Death is part of life and it is Jade's choice on how she wants to go, what is right for one person isn't right for another.
Some people feel that when faced with death, they should go away and privately deal with it. What Jade appears to be doing is living her life to the end.
If I were her, I would do exactly the same thing, make my childrens future as secure as possible.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2009, 05:05 PM
My mother died of Cervical Cancer. When she knew she had it, she went out and did everything she`d ever planned to do. The doctors gave her another 10 years and in that time she travelled the world, did voluntary work in London, learned to ride a horse, do yoga, drive a car, joined the Church and got back in touch with her extended family. She also carefully prepared my Dad for Widower-hood - teaching him to cook and keep house. When her time came she died privately and with dignity.
She left nothing but her personal effects....but we all remember her as someone of great courage, who lived life to the full. She was a wonderful example to us all.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I think the difference between birth and death is one of a joyous occasion and the other is grief.. and watching people in happy times is one thing, but watching grief stricken families is a little macabre.

For me it is intrusion at the most private time in our lives.. to think someone had a camera pointed on any of my family when we where either at a death bed or funeral is to abhorrent to think about.

Yes death is natural ... but for me it is for family alone..and as private as private as can be.

Everyone is entitled to do what they feel is best.. just like JG... but I wonder how much was actually her idea and how much she has been manipulated into doing this.

I for one will not be tuning in.
Jade has had cameras pointed at her when she didn't want them.
She's been papped many a time and appeared not looking her best. It goes with the territory of being a media celebrity. Yes, she has been clever in that she turned that media interest into a good living for herself and her family. If it is her wish to be filmed to the end, by the same crew she has become friends with, the producer is going to be her bridesmaid after all, why go against that?
I'm very sure if at anytime she wants it stopped it will be.

Death is natural, and for you for family and family alone. Not for everyone. Some people wish to die alone in private but cannot say that to their familes, so you often hear of people dying the minute their families left to go get a cup of tea, or leave the hospital for the evening.

Jade is in control and that's all that matters when she is losing control of her life to this awful disease.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »