Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2009, 06:20 PM

Amy's results are in!!

Hi all

Finally got Amy's results back today, have just got back from the vet, with report, which says:

Amy has an allergy to:

Grasses

Sweet Vernal - Positive
Cocksfoot - Borderline
Bermuda Grass - Positive
Timothy - Borderline
Rye - Borderline
Mugwort - Positive

Loads of others tested for all negative.

Mites

All negative

Foods

Soya - Positive
Wheat - Positive
Rice - Positive

All others - Negative

Treatment - none at the moment.

Immunotherapy a possibility in future, they wont do it before she is 12 months old.

Food allergies are down to me to deal with.

Grass allergy, he said he can give me some tablets but as I mentioned shes looking lovely at the moment, we are holding fire on those, unless it flares up again.

So thats it, was dreading it being dust mites so really pleased that came back negative.

He said she may well grow out of it so, that is my next hope. She is fine at the moment looking all lush again and he said I may find that its a seasonal thing. So all in all i am quite pleased, nothing too sinister and nothing too difficult to deal with.

Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2009, 06:55 PM
Im pleased its all stuff you can deal with, glad your happy with the results,

I know you have been driving yourself nuts with this,

x
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2009, 07:08 PM
Aww Bless her! I'm glad you've got the results back. Hope it doesn't flare up again x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2009, 07:09 PM
You sound happy enough with those results, so I hope you can deal with the food, and maybe just keep her out of the long grass at the moment like I have to do with Georgie (he has a grass allergy) and she should be fine, and good luck
Mese
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-06-2009, 07:10 PM
Aww hun im so pleased for you that its all things you can deal with easily
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Good to hear its just a few positives Now you can start to deal with them
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2009, 07:13 PM
Glad the results are back and they sound like you will be able to deal with them.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2009, 08:50 PM
Thanks guys, obviously i'm not "happy" about the results as such, just that I was expecting much worse (as you do )

She's on a raw diet so the food isnt a big issue, its just the grass but the weird thing is we've been to the park more in the past few weeks/months as the weather has been nice, when she has been looking fine and no itching, than when she was at her worst, which is a bit strange, I dont have any grass in my garden either

I am really pleased that she doesnt need any treatment at the moment, fingers crossed it doesnt reappear too soon if at all.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-06-2009, 08:58 PM
From what I understand there are different times of the year for the different pollens. With Finn his bad time is autumn into winter. Finn was allergy tested almost 3 years ago and he has never got any worse so fingers crossed its the same for Amy

I found the Zirtec pollen calendar helps pinpoint his allergy time.

http://www.zirtek.co.uk/download/pollencalendar.pdf
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2009, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by Vodka Vixen View Post
Thanks guys, obviously i'm not "happy" about the results as such, just that I was expecting much worse (as you do )

She's on a raw diet so the food isnt a big issue, its just the grass but the weird thing is we've been to the park more in the past few weeks/months as the weather has been nice, when she has been looking fine and no itching, than when she was at her worst, which is a bit strange, I dont have any grass in my garden either

I am really pleased that she doesnt need any treatment at the moment, fingers crossed it doesnt reappear too soon if at all.
I've got everything crossed for her Jules, hopefully she will grow out of it. One of the bitches in a litter I bred has turned out to be allergic to beef of all things, the pups were weaned on minced steak and none of the others have the allergy...thankfully the tests have enabled her owners to keep her on a diet that doesn't contain anything to do with beef and she is fine now. xxx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >