Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2004, 12:30 AM
yeah aol provide free firewall
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-12-2004, 06:45 AM
It happened to me on msn once and it was all down to ebay, Someone was using my name to sell dodgy stuff and intercepting all my emails. I got an email about a motor bike that I knew nothing about and had sold for thousands of dollors, one minute the email was there then it disappeared. Ebay sorted it out but it took ages and my msn emails took about a week to sort out
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2004, 07:11 AM
Could be someone trying to sell you a firewall or some other type of softwear, agree with Az send the offending mail to aol for comment or delete and change your e-mail address.
mr.leo
Dogsey Senior

07-12-2004, 08:10 AM
Originally Posted by eRaze
Email AOL and forward them the email you recieved asking if it was genuine - could be someone trying to wind u up!

Also get a firewall
I personaly would never rely on my isp for firewall protection nor would i rely on the windows one in my eyes these are crap get a good private one.

I wouldn't of thought that any one has accessed your pc not sure how AOL work but can you access your account details from any pc from thier home page if you can this is how they proberly have done it.
Just to make sure if they have got access to your address book i would advice everyone in it to what has happened and devise a code so they really know any e mail that is sent useing your addy that it is from you unless you change it to another one.
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2004, 01:22 PM
that hapened to me anne
Annestaff
Supervisor

07-12-2004, 01:38 PM
Apparently Kate it happens all the time, all ebay said was that I had to change my password more regulary, so guess what?.............my fault again
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2004, 01:39 PM
i had a bloke on the phone having a go at me about a camera i had sold him!! he wouldnt have it that i had nnever sold anything on ebay
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2004, 01:43 PM
thanks guys,had no more im's or anything,changed my password straight away last night,and i've got firewall and a few other simular programs going,will report it to aol and think about changing my email address,you'd think people would have something better to do with their time wouldn't you ????
Annestaff
Supervisor

07-12-2004, 01:44 PM
I had emails from a guy in the US demanding a motor bike delivered to him poste haste or $3500 sent straight back to him or else
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2004, 01:54 PM
Aol do do a free firewall. It's the McAfee one and it's better than Norton, or so I've found.

Could be a wind up tink
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2