View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2006, 08:25 PM
We have been with them for about 3 years now and haven't had any problems whatsover, maybe we are just lucky then
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-06-2006, 08:26 PM
hope you sort it out thats the problem to rent from someone who rents from another it is sometimes better to pay a bit more and get it direct from the company who rents the line out the same as AOL they only rent the line from BT or telecom or telefonica and any problems the companys will sort there clients out first
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2006, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by ceiron
wanadoo are now called orange btw the way, i remember when they were freeserve.lol

then they chnaged their name to wanadoo to try nd make people foirget they were freeserve as freeserv were appauling, and so is wanadoo and ornage will prolly just be as bad.lol

I started off with them as Freeserve.. then they changed to Wanadon't.. and I changed to Tiscali!!!>.

They will forever be known to me as Wanadon't
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2006, 01:38 AM
Yes they were Freeserve when I started with them in 2003 on dial up and I went to broadband in August last year but fortunately I haven't had any problems with them (touch wood)
AlbionLass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-06-2006, 05:54 AM
My dad was with Wanadoo for just under a year,( having previously been with NTL whose broadband he'd been perfectly happy with, only changing after my parents decided they wanted Sky instead of NTL cable TV) his connection was forever dropping and he was never able to be on the net for more that 20 mins without problems, finally one Saturday about 3 weeks ago it wouldn't connect at all and they said that it was a problem with the line and that BT were working on it. My dad rang BT and they knew nothing about it and said it was an excuse Wanadoo commonly used,the service still hadn't resumed after 48 hours and many phone calls so my dad cancelled the service there and then and rang NTL to connect him back up again, they came out within 24 hours and his conection with NTL has been 100% ever since.
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

18-06-2006, 08:13 PM
i love ntl

**hugs his 4mb connection**
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2006, 09:46 PM
i love ntl

**hugs his 4mb connection**

Show off!!!
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

18-06-2006, 10:29 PM
lol

hehe

its only because i need the internet and ntl did us a deal so its as cheap as their starter package
AlbionLass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-06-2006, 05:54 AM
lol

hehe

its only because i need the internet and ntl did us a deal so its as cheap as their starter package
Yeah I did something similar last year, I said I was thinking of changing to Sky and they gave me TV, phone and 2 MB broadband for £35 per month.A saving of about £30
colliemad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-06-2006, 07:45 AM
well this is part of the reason I am no longer with Wanadon't...
Their customer service is disgusting and their inability to take the responsibility for problems is ridiculous
I was with Wanadoo for 2 years and no problems. Switch to BB after about 18 months, still everything was great.........then they stuffed up my direct debit. They said the bank refused it and the bank said that they hadn't requested it, either way the bank didn't charge me and wanadoo e-mailed me asking for me to get in touch with them about it. I rang them and spoke to a nice young lad, got his name and everything and sorted it all out. 2 weeks later they cut me off altogether and when I rang them it was apparently because of the failed direct debit and the fact that I hadn't been in touch......... I was told that they have several call centres and that having the name of the person I spoke to didn't mean anything, my account was closed by them. I switched to BT and to be honest I am not sure I will be sticking with them either as after 6 months I am NOT impressed. Any of you with BT no matter what, DON'T GO TO PAPER FREE BILLING. They don't tell you there is a bill waiting and then they penalise you for not knowing about it and their customer service is lousy. I am currently looking for another 'phone supplier where I don't pay BT for the line and as soon as my 12m BB contract comes to an end I will be switching that too! Any suggestions gratefully received!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >