Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Belgiank9
New Member!
Female 

21-01-2008, 02:58 PM

Disc Dogging in Belgium

Hello Disc Doggers!

Belgiank9discheroes is a disc dogging club in Belgium.
Peter and I (Hilde) started playing this amazing sport now for about three years and every year we get more enthousiastic about it.

We live together with 8 dogs:

Kazan a labrador male of 9 years
Toby a Malinois also 9 years
Acira a Malinois female now almost 4 years and our star in Disc Dogging
John Doe an Aussie with a bit of a history since we did not have him as pup but we are gettig there with a lot of patience and love
Zeno mix German Shepherd/Malinois : looks fearce but is so gentle and sweet to us and other people
Kiko mix Maltezer/border collie: very funny litlle dog who fits perfectly between all of our big dogs
Gray a border collie now 8 months and oh boy...she is a handfull
And within two day's we expect from the States our latest addition, an aussie pup named Red Ryder who comes from a real working line...we can hardly wait.

We live in the country where we have a lot of space for our dogs to run arround and play all day.
We started the first Dogfrisbeeclub in Belgium in 2005 to promote the sport in Belgium with great succes.
If you want to visit our website just look it up in Google - Belgian K9 Disc Heroes, sorry its in dutch most of the time but you find a bunch of foto's on it.

So, thats what we do at the moment: living amongst a crazy group of dogs and enjoying every moment of it

Hilde and Peter

Oh, here a nice picture taken at the WC Skyhoundz in Atlanta and the routine of Hilde and Acira also at the WC Skyhoundz. Enjoy!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbmJ2jopPlI
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2008, 02:30 PM
Fantastic pic!! Looks like a brilliant sport, wish it would take off here too.
Belgiank9
New Member!
Female 

23-01-2008, 09:38 PM
Hi there, this is Hilde's mate. She is at this moment in Germany training with Ralph, the overall European Champion, and a very good very friend of ours, as well as getting bonded with her new pup, a real stock aussie, which we got from america yesterday.

We thought this would be easier then at our place, as we have 7 other dogs demanding my and hers attention.

Yes, it is a fantastic sport, and we are totally in love with it, and we certainly hope it will take off over there.

Just for your info we are organising a WC-qualifier in Belgium in May and the day before we will have a clinic with Peter Bloeme and Marc Jennings. We know it is difficult to bring dogs between England and the rest of Europe but you would always be welcome to train with one of our dogs (we have them in all sizes ). If interested we will provide you with free camping space at our location.

Any questions just ask
fluffybunnyfeet
Dogsey Senior
Male 

24-01-2008, 11:15 AM
Looks fun, however 'dogging' has a slightly different meaning here in the UK
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2008, 12:09 PM
Looks great fun
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2008, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by fluffybunnyfeet View Post
Looks fun, however 'dogging' has a slightly different meaning here in the UK
LOL, I can't pretend when I first read the topic header, I didn't think the same thing!!
Belgiank9
New Member!
Female 

05-02-2008, 11:56 AM
ohoh, and may I asked what it means then in the UK?
Dutchk9
New Member!
Female 

11-06-2008, 10:14 PM
I know i know i know