register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-04-2016, 08:58 AM
Beautiful morning here, feels pretty cold, sun is out though and sky is very blue and no cloud as yet.
Have my Saturday morning date with Sean Bean and girls going to have to take a back seat. Now I've got the river I can get them on there later on, got to go for LPG and petrol as well, was supposed to take myself off for that yesterday after shopping, but hit Friday traffic and went home instead.
Have a lovely day Lynn, and I hope its not cancelled, having said that walking in the pouring rain is absolutely no fun at all.
Swimming would be the ideal thing for you Moyra, could Age UK maybe direct you to somewhere.
Norma, thinking of Mr Fritz and hoping his ear is now doing well after several thousand pounds of vets bills, I mean you think it would do the decent thing now you've spent all that money. Zen is a pain in the rear, she is very destructive still and its going on a very long time, she may not live Bumblesnout sounds like she is cut from the same cloth, wishing you all the luck in the world, you need it
Happy St George's Day, LG. Have you put the bunting out, you are such a Party Person after all
Local pubs have the flags out and there's Fun Days going on at both of them
I too hope you are switching the toaster off at the mains, Sue. Mine is like that too, I have the incinerated remains of toast stuck inside it, and it needs to go to the tip, but keep forgetting to take it. I don't really eat toast so will more than likely not get another one.
Nippy, you usually get the best of the weather where you are, it needs to buck up so you can get out on t'prom for a stroll with Tango.
Brenda, those pupsters are so lucky to have you to point them (and their families) in the right direction towards happy lives, and have a lovely time with them, and lunch sounds nice as well
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-04-2016, 10:24 AM
A 90-year-old man goes for a physical... All of his tests come back
with normal results. The doctor says, 'George, everything looks great.
How are you doing mentally and emotionally? Are you at peace with God?'
George replies, 'God and I are tight.. He knows I have poor eyesight,
so he's fixed it so when I get up in the middle of the night to go to
the bathroom, poof! The light goes on. When I'm done, poof! the light goes
off.'

'Wow, that's incredible', the doctor says. A little later in the day,
the doctor calls George's wife. 'Ethel,' George is doing fine! But I had to
call you because I'm in awe of his relationship with God . Is it true
that he gets up during the night and poof! the light goes on in the
bathroom, and when he's done, poof! the light goes off?'
'Oh my God!' Ethel exclaims. 'He's pissing in the fridge again!'
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-04-2016, 10:43 AM
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-04-2016, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
mine has decided to no longer pop up and I keep having to put a knife down it
Oh nooooooo PLEASE Sue we don't want to loose you

In case no one mentions it the heating elements are only millimetres away from the bread and if it has failed to 'pop up' the chances are they are still LIVE

Of course being the sensible soul you are I'm sure you switch off at the wall socket before doing this procedure but I'm so concerned for your safety that I just had to say something.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-04-2016, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I hope you switch off at the mains before you start poking around.
Hi Jenny, yes I just said the same thing above, I'm sure she's sensible and would switch off but not many people know just how close the heating wires are to the bread.

There are two things in the kitchen which have given me a lifetime of frustration through bad design and manufacture, one is the can opener and the other is the toaster. (Thankfully most cans now have 'ring pulls')

If someone can tell me a make of either that has lasted more than 5 years I would delighted.

We can put a man on the moon but it seems we can't make a reliable can opener or toaster
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-04-2016, 12:03 PM
Griff - If you read this latter 'snap' like you I cut my thumb this morning with my utility knofe

Not quite as bad as you, there was some blood, tiny amount, (and well within my 'comfort level' )

Quick Elastoplast applied and all is well, but I was thinking of you, hope yours is all healed up now.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2016, 12:45 PM
Good afternoon

Hope Sean Bean lives up to your expectations June

Oh no Harvey be more careful with knives.

Hope the weather is improving your way Nippy and you can get out for a nice stroll on Tango

Thank you everyone for your concern but I do unplug it before trying the knife trick. Anyway now safe as new toaster purchased
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-04-2016, 01:55 PM
Sean Bean excelled, Sue. Apart from the fact he has married Jane now ah well what can't be cured must be endured as they say. I think I am going to have to go without Him in future on a Saturday as doesn't look like he's on anymore. I went onto the site Griff found for me and there's no mention of any more episodes after today My life is bereft without Him
Had girls on the river, took Cariad and Kesh for a walk and a quick go over with the rake. Been for lpg, unlike petrol it is now down to 42p a litre, about time something went right. Cost me £13.76 to fill up because I've used a lot recently.
Now I'm having a cup of tea and bacon and cheese butty after I've had a lovely hot shower
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2016, 02:04 PM
TW...I will track Sean down...well give it my best shot
Losos...ouchy, finger nice and dry today...no infection yet!!!! Now, toaster, I got one from Argos 11 years ago, it is a long one that does 4slices...it came in a set with a kettle and sandwich toaster
Sue...glad you unplug first lol
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2016, 02:06 PM
TW
http://drama.uktv.co.uk/shows/sharpe/
Is that any hgelp
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >