Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2016, 07:28 AM

Daily Thread, Monday, February 8

Good Morning everyone,

What a night! Hope you are all safe this morning, that wind is awful. Not looking forward to walking Amber and those of you who do have to go out do please take care. Jenny hope you are feeling a bit better this morning and do try to get something for your shingles.

Well have a good day if you can, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-02-2016, 07:49 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
It is very windy Moyra and we haven't the worst of it plus it is icy cold here to boot.
Gorden just left for London so got the king size all to myself for the week.
Got to try to make sense of the spare room today to see if I can make room for the single put u up bed for Mark at the weekend and the boys can share the double. If not today before Friday.

Nippy Jen hope you are feeling better today.
Mandy good luck with your appointment.
Hope everyone and all doglets are well and warm and safe.
Haven't seen LG or Harvey for a few days hoping you are both well.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2016, 09:05 AM
Morning all.
Oh my what a night. I hid under the duvet at 3-30 afraid the window was coming in
Stopped raining at the moment but so windy 34hph.
I have an appointment at the surgery at 12-15 ref my shingles. So hopefully he will give me something for it.
Stay safe all!
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2016, 09:15 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn, Nippy and all who follow

Hope the doctors gives you something to help Nippy

Enjoy yourself in a kings bed tonight Lynn - you may not wish to get up tomorrow

Hope your walk went well in this weather Moyra.

Taken Teazle out. Wind has dropped a bit from overnight but it is set to become worse later in the day - just in time to take my son to the station! Didn't see any damage whilst out other than wheelie bins blown over.

Hope our absent friends are ok.

Have a god day and stay safe.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-02-2016, 09:32 AM
Heavy rain and windy here. Beds not too bad, so they were sensible at long last and stayed inside!! Must have been bad for them not to venture out at all. Everyone had brekkie and gone back inside where it is warm and cosy.
I'm having my breakfast then I will have to go out for shavings and to put petrol in the car, then probably go for lpg for the car as well whilst I'm out, then it is full up for a while.
Thats nice that Mark and the boys have their own personal retreat with you some weekends, Lynn. Bet you won't want to get up tomorrow morning all cosy under the quilt in that giant bed
Hoping the doctors visit goes well Nippy and he sorts you out quickly.
Moyra look after yourself in this weather and be careful
Maybe LG and Harvey are watching the rugby and have no time for anything else.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2016, 12:57 PM
Just walked Amber again and nearly got blown from here to kingdom come! I didn't like the sound of the trees groaning like made, I reckon a few of those branches may be down later if the wind gathers more strength as it looks like it might. Gosh it goes right through you I am now quite chilled. Stay safe everyone.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-02-2016, 01:13 PM
Absolutely horrendous out there, made it there and back in one piece, didn't go for petrol, but got shavings,carrots and lpg. Driving in the wind and rain is like something out of a disaster film!!!
Will watch news and then brave the Great Outdoors to bring shavings and carrots from the back gate, checked girls beds just now and they are sopping.
Have read that Worthing has really caught it bad, so hoping Brenda is OK.
Take care Moyra, can Amber use the patio instead of you having to take her out
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2016, 01:40 PM
Hello. June OK here. Windy but not wet. Been for just short walks round the green near me with Tyto. My next door neighbours fence has gone but that is next to her neighbour. Not surprised as it was due to be redone. Hope you and everyone else is OK. Not really cold though. Bfn neighbours coming on. I know how to keep amused.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-02-2016, 01:46 PM
Glad you're OK Brenda, it said in the paper that there were power cuts and all sorts in your neck of the woods, I was going to watch Doctors and then Father Brown, but really need to get girls on dry beds, so am going to go out now, not watched Doctors for a few days so lost touch anyway.
Need to bring coal in as well, am OK for firewood up to now, enough inside for today then will raid the woodbins tomorrow
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2016, 02:40 PM
been for my bloodtest, had the dogs walked before i went and one of the plum trees round the side has come down, shame as it has been here since we were kids, luckily it fell the way it did or my garage would have been squished Lol
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »