Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2014, 08:04 AM
Morning

What's the point of having shops if they don't actually sell what you're looking for?

I won't bore you with a rant but it sure did annoy me yesterday.

Gorgeous sunshine here today. It makes you start thinking about holidays and beaches.

Hugs to Helena for that finger. I hope the roads aren't too bad today.

Take care everyone and I hope you have a lovely bank holiday.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2014, 08:18 AM
Morning.
First as everyone says, good luck Helena, we are all thinking of you hope it all goes well today.
Lynn I hope Dillons leg continues to improve. Maybe after resting it all will be well.
Morning MM sounds like you had a great day yesterday.
Morning Jenny enjoy the sun, I hope you manage to get that well earned nap this afternoon.
Morning Tang lol at Lizzy. There are probably a whole family there and it is a different one you see each time
Morning Emma enjoy your day off.
morning LS I hope you have a good bank holiday too and that you manage to get what you are looking for.

The sun is shining here too....at the moment. We are going to put some of our bedding plants in today, so fingers crossed it stays dry until it's done.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2014, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Morning

What's the point of having shops if they don't actually sell what you're looking for?

I won't bore you with a rant but it sure did annoy me yesterday.

Gorgeous sunshine here today. It makes you start thinking about holidays and beaches.

Hugs to Helena for that finger. I hope the roads aren't too bad today.

Take care everyone and I hope you have a lovely bank holiday.
Morning LS. DO bore us with your rant! Go on! I think I know what you mean. Nicosia is the capital here and is just another big, busy city, full of traffic and nowhere to park and all that. But it's where our IKEA is. When I wanted a sun shelter for the grandkids coming over I remembered they do quite a good one. I checked first. Went to their website - saw the very thing. So drove over there and asked for it when I couldn't see it in store. 'Oh we don't stock that any more' was the reply! I was bluddy furious.

Totally wasted journey - ended up spending ten euro on a stuffed tiger for Bella so's not to come out with nothing lol!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-05-2014, 09:06 AM
Looks like you have a tenant there Pat. Thank you for the lovely comments about my boys. Of course I think they are very handsome but of course I am biased as any mum is.
Morning Emm.
Morning Linda sorry the shops were useless yesterday.
Morning Nippy Jen good luck with the planting.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2014, 10:32 AM
I had a lovely walk and it paid to get out early ..... there was so sign of 'that' dog but we did see another neighbour and his dog so it worked out really well.

I've just been down to fill my car up with fuel because for the last 3 days I kept forgetting to and I was running on fumes.

I wonder if Helena is actually having the op this morning or if she is just having the consultation with the orthopaedic surgeon? She didn't mention about fasting overnight but I hope it simply slipped her mind. Thinking of you H while I type this

Lynn Sorry, I did mean to type brother and not son Enjoy your day with him.
Tang I bet the air was blue when you realised that Lizzy or one of her siblings are still resident. On the upside it does get Bella out of her bed every now and then
Morning Emmis enjoy your day. I hope you enjoyed the racing
LS I too am now intrigued as to what you were trying to buy yesterday
Nippy Enjoy your day in the garden ..... maybe we need some before and after photos. Some taken now and some when everything is in full bloom.

See you all later.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-05-2014, 10:49 AM
Afternoon all

Running very late today as Da Booga really had a bad evening and night - poor girl just could not settle. I am extremely angry with him-next-door-the-other-side as she had just had a little rest and was flonked down half in and half out the doorway when he walked past after having parked his double truck, and deliberately yelled at her and did his usual bend down to pick up a stone which, of course, set her off again.

I have spoken to Ram again but neither he nor I want to put Pereg on any additional medication as the side effects will be worse for her than the seizures, so just have to keep everything crossed that they stay away for a bit longer this time.

Finally had a couple of hours sleep but then had to rush over to the macolet as it is Memorial Day today and at 8pm when it ends Independence Day starts, so Avner will be closing early today and will be closed all day tomorrow.

Hope Helena gets on OK at the hospital - whoever is in contact with her will they please pass on my best wishes.

Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2014, 11:13 AM
Okay.

School summer dresses - despite being advertised on all the supermarket websites, I could not find one in the right colour, size or style.
Trainers for kicking around and PE - Either hugely pricey (not good with feet constantly growing) or so cheap they'd fall apart in a day.
Hair accessories for Communion - Nothing suitable in two towns, other than that High Street shop (whose name I forget), which didn't really have the things I was looking for.

So I've had to go on line and get the trainers. At least I know they are the right size and style because she has a pair already but just needs one size up. All for under £10!

I will probably have to do the same for the dress but I wanted to try out different hair things so would prefer not to do it online.

Sigh!

But I did get a Harvey Wallbanger - and I needed it!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-05-2014, 11:47 AM
Afternoon Mmalka sorry Pereg is still not 100%.
Linda can understand your rant.

Had a lovely hour and a half with eldest brother we sat in the garden drinking coffee eating cake and chatting. Dillon had his collar, lead and harness on but was such a good boy at one point I had the lead round my waist while making coffee and after he had said hello to Michael and slobbered up his trousers which Michael took all in good spirit he really is not an animal person he laid in the garden snoozing. He did get up at one point to sit near him and Michael was rubbing his ears and put his head on Dillon's head. Lovely to see.
I hope he is as well behaved when my friend had her OH visit next week. This is Julie who has a 17 hand German warm blood and is frightened of big dogs. Her OH loves all dogs.
Michael was impressed with what Gorden has done with the stairs which is a good thing as he is an ex health and safety officer so if he felt there might be an accident he would of told him.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-05-2014, 12:16 PM
Helena update.
They have put a cast on the hand she only has the thumb free.
Done a real good job on it shattering the finger. She goes back Thursday has to be there 7.30 am to operate. She has stated she does not want a general so they may numb her from the top of the arm down and she doesn't want to see what they are doing either fair enough I reckon.

Her neighbours down the road with the GSD's popped in to see Zena and have a play with her and offered to help with her walking her so that's some good news.
I have passed on all the well wishes and obviously she won't be around for a while but we will keep in touch by phone.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2014, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the update Lynn. Poor Helena. I hope they can do it without a GA by numbing injection or whatever. Sounds like that hand will be out of action for a while eh? She'll go nuts not being able to be busy busy busy.

How great that her neighbours are stepping up with offers of help with Zena too. That must be a load off her mind.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »