View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2013, 03:52 PM
Thanks Jenny. I'm really sorry to hear about Flash.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2013, 03:53 PM
Morning all... WOW its all going on in here lately!!

Cath - sorry to hear about your son, fingers crossed they can find out what it is soon, I have never heard of anything like that.
Jenny - poor Flash, poor poor baby hope he continues to be ok and doesn't have more nastiness.
Lore - sorry you are poorly, but Pup does sound just the tonic!
Lynn - pleased your son is home and feeling good, and your hand is feeling a bit better.'

And that is all I can remember, who has the sore bottom? is it Nippy Jen? who ever it is - hope it heals soon!!

Hope all other poorlies start to feel better soon!

Well I am walking with my friend this morning, which will be a good 6 mile walk, which is our normal loop, then home to eat some cold pasties from yesterday, I made them for dinner and they were yummy!!
Yesterday we were out walking and met a lady walking her 4 alpacas which was quite the sight to see

Cold and frosty start to the day here, off to get the chickens sorted, and girls breakfasted before we walk - but more coffee first!!!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2013, 03:56 PM
Eileen - both Wickes and B&Q shut at 4 but Homebase shuts at 4.30, so Steve is off there. He thinks it's a seal that pipe leading into the toilet so at least it's clean water - ew!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2013, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Eileen - both Wickes and B&Q shut at 4 but Homebase shuts at 4.30, so Steve is off there. He thinks it's a seal that pipe leading into the toilet so at least it's clean water - ew!
Hope he turns out to be Super Steve and you can get it sorted
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2013, 04:31 PM
Really sorry to be reading about Flash again. Do you know why it keeps happening? Maybe I have missed something here
The stew was delish. I invited the old lady from next door in to share it. She said she was just wondering what to have for lunch, I think she enjoyed it.
LS, I hope your hubby has managed to sort your toilet out now.

I have had my email update from the met office and the heavy rain and strong wind it due to hit here at 05-00 tomorrow and again on Wed 1st Jan at 06-00. Lets hope that will be the end of it somehow I doubt it
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2013, 04:44 PM
Well all is quiet at the moment and when I went to feed Rucksack, Flash was desperate for some more food. I gave him a weeny bit of soaked Orijen and freshly cooked cod which he guzzled up and he's now asleep on a duvet by the radiator in the hall. I have no idea what is causing this to happen every few months and have to assume its him scavenging stuff off the ground but I really don't know. Yesterday that long walk we did was on lead so unless he ate something in the garden. He cannot be muzzled every single time he goes out in the garden There is always the possibility that there is another dog with a bug and he's picked it up and where a 'normal' dog would just have an upset tum he is now prone to haemorrhaging. I'm taking him in to see the head vet in the morning and he has been spot on with his treatment so far and I really do trust him. I'll talk it through again with him. Flash isn't lethargic like the first time he had it when I really think it was touch and go whether he survived. Everytime I walk past him he lifts his back leg for a tummy rub, so I think he's not feeling too bad . Both of my two get Advocate spot-on every 5 weeks because they are scavengers and there is always the worry of snails/slugs and lung worm, but how often do you guys Panacur your dogs?

Lore It sounds as though you are getting on really well with the studying and at least you now have a plan for your next bit of work
June Oh dear, Keshi and footballs .... what can you do about that? I assume weekends are worse ... and holidays. Hopefully you'll be less likely to stumble across them during the week. I have to admit I can't wait until all the neighbour's guests have b*ggered off and taken their dogs with them .. who of course are just 'friendly and want to say hello' Hopefully you'll be able to have a quick chill time before the next round of meals start.
Lynne Well done getting a really nice walk in today ... before the bad weather tomorrow. Poor old Rucksack has only had two 15 mins walks today which isn't sufficient but I haven't wanted to leave Flash for longer on his own and fortunately they had a really good walk yesterday. Mmmmm what can you eat ... what about making some pancakes
Lacey It was so quiet here last night with so many people unwell and you out gallivanting around IrelandSounds as though you have a great time though.
LS Why do things always go wrong on Sundays
Everyone who live on the other side of the road to us have had blocked drains due to the high water levels with everything backing-up ..... fortunately we aren't effected as the drain down from our house to the road is sooooo long and hopefully it'll all be sorted by the time ours ever blocks.
Good luck.
Daisy You intended walk sounds lovely and what an amazing sight those alpacas must have made Enjoy your walk.

Lots of regulars absent today ... I hope they are all OK.

I'm hoping we can have a take-away tonight ... maybe a chinese would be nice as we haven't had one for yonks ... although what I really fancy is some of Nippy's stew

See you all later.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2013, 04:50 PM
Glad Flash is feeling a bit better.

I am just trying to work up the energy to go cook dinner. It's bolognese tonight. Just hoping I can get moving soon. Think another couple of flu tablets may well be necessary.

Hope our regulars are okay. Not heard from the usual crowd.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2013, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Glad Flash is feeling a bit better.

I am just trying to work up the energy to go cook dinner. It's bolognese tonight. Just hoping I can get moving soon. Think another couple of flu tablets may well be necessary.

Hope our regulars are okay. Not heard from the usual crowd.
Errgggjjjhh you have the dreaded flu lurgey. I think sometimes its merely time with these things. I do find though that the all in one flu/cold remedies are good. Especialy the night ones.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-12-2013, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
I too have had a disastrous morning. Flash didn't want his breakfast this morning but he does that sometimes so simply offer it to him again later. Guess what he's got that ruddy Hemorrhagic Gatroenteritis AGAIN. This is the third time in six months . I didn't realise until we parked up at Mum's nursing home and got the dogs out. Flash immediately had a dreadful upset tum followed by a hemorrhage. I cleaned him up best I could and fortunately he did have a good drink then. I left them in the car with my OH (dogs in their crates) and raced in to give Mum her xmas presents as I've been unable to visit before due to the flooding. My brother arrived and told me to go out to the car as Flash was also being very sick Needless to say I saw Mum for about 5 minutes (thank goodness my brother arrived) and we then set off for home which took us an hour and a half due to the sheer weight of traffic. He'd hemorrhaged again but he's been OK now for nearly 2 hours so hopefully that will be it. Needless to say I have put him straight on to antibiotics Stomorgyl which on the vets advice keep in stock. He's still drinking thank goodness so no worry of dehydration as yet. I'm taking him to the vets at 9.20 tomorrow anyway for his Lorien implant I'll be back to sleeping in the kitchen again tonight I think.
Oh Jenny I am so sorry to read about Flash.
HGE is horrible and unfortunately whatever makes a dog susceptible to it in the first place seems to make them more likely to experience other episodes.

You are very wise to keep meds in the house to ensure speedy treatment.

I hope Flash recovers again quickly this time, you must have been so worried when you were visiting your Mother.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2013, 05:29 PM
LORRAINE,let someone else make the tea...take a rest!!
JENNY,fingers crossed Flash stays well The mention of Takeaway,think that's what we're having too BUT this is the last one Dread to think how many pounds I've put on
All my good intentions of tidying up went astray in favour of the Xtravision sale...bought some good blu rays and 2 3D one's...probably get round to watching them by Easter Really looking forward to seeing Life of Pi
Missed Downton Abbey so maybe I'll watch that tonight
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »