register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-10-2013, 08:59 AM
Was still dark when I woke this morning and it is still quite grey and dull.
Have been out, fed girlies and skipped out, then I have been very naughty and come back to bed with my brekkie (yes I washed my hands first lol) This is because it will more than likely be the last Saturday I have a lie in, I have visits to the girls arranged from potential owners and also will be bringing Mabs in the house from the 1st November as there are Bonfire Parties arranged that weekend at the local pubs, and then actual Bonfire Night on Tuesday the 5th, the noise doesn't seem to bother the others one jot, but Mabs is very sensitive to noise, when we are on the park and they are playing football in the ballpark and ball is bashing against the fencing she hates it, also heavy wagons coming past her she always nips behind me and to my other side, so I think the best thing for her is to come in with me and I will sleep on the couch as she will be due on the 11th. Usually she takes herself off into the sleeping compartment and stays out of any noise, and with the others not bothering about it I leave her with them.
She'll be at the vets anyway on the 1st for her 2nd Canine Herpes Vax and may ask them about a sedative.
So here I am feeling a bit pampered with my brekkie all warm and cosy.
I bet you are running round like something demented Lynn.
Got an update on the DVLA thingy last night. The guy who they spoke to who it turned out was the one I got a piccie of, said to my friends OH that they 'could do what they want' Lovely
What has come back through what I can only describe as the Mechanics Grapevine, is that if a car is clamped the keys to the clamp actually HAVE to be left so the clamp can be removed by the owner of the car. Apparently if that car is needed for work by the owner then they have to let him remove the clamp, something even my friends OH didn't know. So they hide the keys and the advice was to look around the suspension area as that is the most likely place
Popped over there last night and he was stripping the car and taking the wheels off (dunno about the one with the clamp on ) he hadn't found the keys though, but interesting bit of info that isn't it My friend has found the deeds to the house and the road is showing as unadopted and there is a red line going from the end of the road and up past the land where the car is parked, showing it is private, so this guy has been trespassing. My friend has flyball training this morning and they want this proof by 12 noon before they close, and she is in 2 minds as to whether she can be bothered or to let them struggle to remove this Ford Explorer with no wheels or gearbox in a very confined space.
Am taking a walk over with the girls later and will be taking piccies if it happens!!! Also there is a football match there every Saturday and it is always jam packed with cars, so going to be 'interesting'
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2013, 09:17 AM
Morning all...

A very busy saturday for everyone it seems, hope it all goes well for all.

Thinking of you Bev xx

Not a good start here, my beloved van has failed it's MOT drastically, needs lots of welding and other stuff too I think I will be putting up for sale as spares or repair.... Just as well we got eversuffering husbands truck on the road.

The good news though, my wine will be home later this afternoon as will eversuffering husband

Have a good weekend, and will catch up later, but not after my wine enters the building
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2013, 09:35 AM
Morning

So who crashed the Dunelm website then, huh? It's back now, phew!

It's a bit of a grotty morning here but at least it is quite warm. I'm off to return those curtains shortly - no idea what to get as a replacement.

Have a good day everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-10-2013, 09:39 AM
Morning June trying to get into demented mood.
interesting bit of info re: the keys. will you go over to see them try to take it. may be a larfffff.
Enjoy your pampering.
Morning Elaine sorry to hear about the van handy there will be wine later you will need it.

Just spoken to Tom sale is completing on the 25th he has done his bank transfer for the deposit and that will be there first thing Monday morning.
Thing is the mobile number under his land line number I have written down isn't Tom's so goodness knows who we were leaving messages with yesterday myself and the estate agent in Wisbech.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2013, 09:42 AM
Good morning everyone, lousy weather out there for dog walking but it is not cold. I didn't want to get up this morning. It gets worse as the mornings become darker later. Amber met her friend Max and had a great run around this morning.

Lynn, not long now I would think you must be going into panic mode now, I know I would.

Jenny, if you go out walking with Polly I hope you don't get too wet as it is suppose to come down harder yet as the day progresses.

Bev you will be falling asleep come afternoon. That is going to be rather raw when you friends visit later on. Glad Charly and Ash are back with you for the weekend.

Helena, glad you had a chance to have a lie in as I said I didn't want to get up either this morning. If it weren't for Amber needing to go out for her comfort break I'd have stayed there longer but then I start to feel guilty of wasting my life away.

Nippy, good luck with making the birthday cake for your daughter.

Well have a lovely day everyone despite the weather. Take care all. God bless.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2013, 09:49 AM
Sorry TW, GB and LS I took so long to do my last post you had all popped in before I got to post. Have a lovely day all.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-10-2013, 10:30 AM

Lynn- so pleased for you that you have definite confirmation about the completion.

Bev - (((hugs)))

Everyone else - will do a ketchup later. Had a very bad night [me, not Da Booga] so I have been resting on the couch most of the morning.

If Jenny comes back before I do, will someone please tell her that I have left the link for her avatar here Need an avatar? - Page 2 - hope it works OK.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-10-2013, 10:37 AM
Morning Linda good luck with the curtain hunting.
Morning Moyra damp here too not keen on these damp mornings. Not in headless chicken mode yet.
Morning Malka sorry to hear you had a bad night.

I have a box for the bits and bobs I will need during the
week and have packed two boxes of clothes already. Gorden is playing with fire trying to get some old wood burnt in the chimanea.
Dillon is pacing around and got his nose into everything. We are allowing him upstairs with us while we are up there.
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2013, 01:11 PM
Morning all

Busy bees, the lot of you. I've got to run into work for a bit around 10 am, but otherwise got a quiet day.

I'm very worried about Mouse, she actually lunged and barked at 2 different people yesterday. She used to LOVE people, and has never, EVER freaked out like that. Both times scared the crap out of me. I think this is proof she's going blind, and she's not dealing well with it. I'm going to have to figure out how to train her to deal. Poor little girly.

Still pitch black out, so couldn't yell you if it's nice out or not. It's above freezing this morning tho, and that's a bonus this time of year.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2013, 02:12 PM
I had a lovely walk, not with Polly as she's got one of the many viruses going round but with my son. We went to Painshill Park and walked round the lake, right round the wood and then stopped at one of the follies to admire the view. The boys (and me) are tired now and they are asleep ... so am I .... well almost . My son took a few photos which I'll post in the photo section shortly. It rained for about an hour when we got back and just now the sun has come out but there is still a very ominous sky.

Nippy - What sort of cake are you making for your daughter's birthday (photo please if you get a chance). Enjoy your day Jenny.
June - Good news that you are taking the chance to 'chill' when you can, 'cos your life will be turned upside down again once the pups come along. I'm really excited about it along with lots of your other friends here That's nice that you'll bring Mabs in to protect her from all the noise of the fireworks. I use to dread this time of year as my last dog was terrified of them, but my current two don't mind at all and I think that's 'cos the first year they experienced them we made it into a fun thing and rushed outside with them ... I can tell you its a real relief. Is this Mab's first ever litter and purely out of interest why did you not mate her with another Utonagan or is Cruz introduced to the blood line to improve the breed? I find breeding really interesting but don't really understand the why's and wherefores'? That is so interesting that the keys for the clamp had to be left ... it might be policy, but I bet the men didn't leave them otherwise they would have been found by now .... wouldn't they.
Girliebiker - What a sad day for you with the van failing its MOT . You'll have a really good excuse to 'drown your sorrows' with the expected wine delivery
L.S. - Did you manage to change the curtains and if so what to? Maybe Helena was on the site this morning before she went out and caused it to crash.
Lynn - So its now official ... 25th is moving day My goodness you'll have one busy, busy week coming up. Great that you had a day off today from walking Dillon .... it doesn't often happen here but nice when it does. I wonder who's phone you left those messages on ... but considering it was about 'house sales' it would have been nice had the recipient replied to one of your texts to let you know you had the wrong number.
Afternoon Moyra how lovely that Amber met her friend and they could have a race around. It lifts our spirits to meet a friend so I'm sure it must with the dogs too.
Enjoy the rest of your day.
Sara - So sorry to hear about Mouse, you must be so worried about her. If she is losing her sight she is probably really frightened and things are making her jump. What a very attentive mummy you are though and I'm sure you'll help he through this.

It has taken me so long to finish this post as I keep getting waylaid .... lunch, answering the door and the phone so there could be lots more posts now I'll have to read them later.
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »