View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tinglesnark
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-12-2010, 05:44 PM
i dont really do resolutions because i can never stick to them, instead i think of new dreams and aspirations ~ things that i would love to make reality but not "orders" to myself

This year i'd love to lose a stone because we are getting married in September, I'd also like to save money instead of spending it willy nilly
I would love for us to make plans to move further afield, to a larger, older house so that we can extend our family by another 2 babies I suppose im thinking more long term than just the next year, this year is the starting block

i have so many dreams that i have to limit myself each year lol!
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2010, 06:55 PM
Well I'm always very scathing about making resolutions but I am going to this year:-

1. To lose weight (again) managed to lose a stone and a half last year, but put it all back on again stupidly because I got stuck at 8 stone......
2. To exercise more (see above)
3. To spend less time in bed! I am one of those people who when they get depressed or fed up or anything really takes themselves to bed - ridiculous!
4. To be more active generally
5. To go to the beach more in the summer
6. To improve my spanish

I will be starting my WW regime January 1st. It's very expensive over here to go so will just have to make a major effort to do it on my own this time.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2010, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
So, are people up for updating progress? even just posting for support etc?

No pressure, just thought it might be a good idea?
I think that's a great idea! I will edit my original post with different font colours with any developments, just to keep it simple for myself! and of course offer advice where I can, although I'm usually the one seeking advice!

xxx
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2010, 07:52 PM
Great to hear what others are 'up to' in 2011, here's to a good one eh!!

Glad people are happy about the thread too It should be interesting and inspiring hearing about each others journeys and successes (which they will be) Hopefully made a bit easier with support of each other too

Keep 'em coming folks! Going to be a year of accomplishments for us Dogsey Folks - I can feel it!!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2010, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
I think that's a great idea! I will edit my original post with different font colours with any developments, just to keep it simple for myself! and of course offer advice where I can, although I'm usually the one seeking advice!xxx
Excellent idea! We can update our steps along the way and then score 'em off our originals/or quotes of originals as we go! (Thats not to say ppl have to, if they dont want to do it that way then no probs, just think its a good idea) Nothing more satisfying than looking at the confirmation of having achieved goals...no probs there - sure theres enough of us Dogsey gang to even out the giving and recieving of advice!

Tinglesnark
i have so many dreams that i have to limit myself each year lol!
after a really bad couple of years, Iv decided life is going to be all about looking forward this year and hopefully every year, so you go for those dreams!

Just an idea but for people with bigger goals, you can always post a weekly challenge to yourself on here? (again, just a suggestion) instead of trudging on trying to aim at losing (just example) 2 stone, you can post a weekly challenge of I will lose 1/2lb this week and then hopefully the support from others may help and small successes add up to a lot... Don't get me wrong, I don't want to get carried away here and put people off, just that I think it would be good if this was not only a 'how you getting on?' thread but a supportive one with the aim of not only meeting our own goals but helping others meet thiers.....OK, probably getting a bit annoyingly Pollyanna now so I'll shut up for a bit!
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2010, 08:15 PM
Don't make resolutions as such but this coming year, to try and be braver in order to deal/cope with the society am living in n more understanding/tolerant.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2010, 04:42 PM
I'd like to give some money to a different animal welfare charity each month, preferably locally but any small independent animal charity that I see needs help i'd like to help. I wont give anything to the likes of Dogs Trust, RSPCA, PDSA or any of the larger organisations because they have plenty of limelight and supporters.

I'd also like to change my approach to my dogs and really start working with them and understanding them. I've made a start by changing trainers but it's tough trying to break out of the mould and start looking at things differently, changing your way of thinking etc.

Oh yes, i'd like to save some money as well (might be difficult if i'm giving it away to charity each month!)
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2010, 05:13 PM
Mine is to get another dog [lol]
Train my current boys a bit more, spend more quality one-to-one time with each of them.
Loose weight and get fit.
Be alot more organised

Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2010, 05:34 PM
I've not really thought about my resolutions, I don't normally stick them, but here are things I'd like to do;

-Pass my driving test, it's next week, wish me luck! Ahh!
-Stop Smoking, it's just habit now, I need to break the cycle!
-Put my all into my dogs, make them as good as they can be and get them out on more shoot days next season!
-Be a better girlfriend to OH!
-Try not worry about EVERYTHING!

That's all I've got so far, I'm sure I'll think of more!
b-eye
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-12-2010, 06:07 PM
Dreams more than resolutions
1 sell this place and move
2 drop some weight
3 stop smoking
4 buy new van
5 be more active
6 try to finish cross-stitch projects
7 buy new puppy dont tell OH tho