Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

04-03-2011, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by ATD View Post
So if we disagree with the norm we get banned on others perceptions? No I don't agree with e collars but then again I use methods people disagree with so will I get banned as to some of you I am not a dog lover
ATD x
Pet owners won't have their membership withdrawn just because they use or advocate shock collars - but we are drawing the line when they can be classed as 'commercial/business' users.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2011, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by TheABCs View Post
Does that mean Gnasher is next to be banned...?
no i shouldnt think so
TheABCs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-03-2011, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Pet owners won't have their membership withdrawn just because they use or advocate shock collars - but we are drawing the line when they can be classed as 'commercial/business' users.
Thanks for explaining, Azz.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2011, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
What about if members take a firm stance that its ok to use prong collars during exercise etc ?
Skyesmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-03-2011, 09:04 PM
mini: : Yaaay well done Azz

And just to reply to Adams response to my question about rescues.............NO rescue would touch your barbaric methods with a barge pole, so to you!

Jann xx
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2011, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by Skyesmum View Post
mini: : Yaaay well done Azz

And just to reply to Adams response to my question about rescues.............NO rescue would touch your barbaric methods with a barge pole, so to you!

Jann xx
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2011, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by TheABCs View Post
I will be observing with interest the controversy threads - now that there is no person to argue with, once everyone's agreed with each other, things will go very quiet...
If you think everyone on here agrees on everything then you're going to be seriously surprised!!!!
Excellent news Azz, about time.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

04-03-2011, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
What about if members take a firm stance that its ok to use prong collars during exercise etc ?
This policy change does not affect anything that hasn't been specifically mentioned yet.

If you want to see any other item added to the list you'd have to submit a feedback thread.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-03-2011, 09:22 PM
A wise decision Azz .

As far as possible I believe in free speech and if someone came on here and said they choked/electrocuted/kicked their dogs I would be disgusted and I would say so.
However if they then went on to call themselves a dog trainer and suggested such methods were a suitable way for other people to treat and train dogs and actually solicited clients that to me would be a different matter entirely.

There will no doubt be those who argue it is a matter of opinion what is or is not a safe method of training, but as far as I am aware no device or than the e collar has been as widely condemned as a training aid by all the main UK canine welfare organisations and a large number of training organisations including...
•British Small Animal Veterinary Association and British Veterinary Association
•Scottish SPCA
•Scottish Kennel Club
•Kennel Club
•Dogs Trust
•RSPCA
•Blue Cross
•Association of Pet Dog Trainers
•Association of Pet Behaviour Counsellors
•The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association
•Association of Chief Police Officers
•Association of Chief Police Officers in Scotland
•UK Armed Forces

...not to mention the ban in Wales. I just hope a UK wide ban will follow .
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2011, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
A wise decision Azz .

As far as possible I believe in free speech and if someone came on here and said they choked/electrocuted/kicked their dogs I would be disgusted and I would say so.
However if they then went on to call themselves a dog trainer and suggested such methods were a suitable way for other people to treat and train dogs and actually solicited clients that to me would be a different matter entirely.

There will no doubt be those be those who argue it is a matter of opinion what is or is not a safe method of training but as far as I am aware no device or than the e collar has been as widely condemned as a training aid by all the main UK canine welfare organisations and a large number of training organisations including...
•British Small Animal Veterinary Association and British Veterinary Association
•Scottish SPCA
•Scottish Kennel Club
•Kennel Club
•Dogs Trust
•RSPCA
•Blue Cross
•Association of Pet Dog Trainers
•Association of Pet Behaviour Counsellors
•The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association
•Association of Chief Police Officers
•Association of Chief Police Officers in Scotland
•UK Armed Forces

...not to mention the ban in Wales. I just hope a UK wide ban will follow .
Perfect post. Sums my views up entirely.

I agree with freedom of speech/rights etc but I also agree with a majority vote. This guy was making a vast numbers of users feel sick, sad and damn right uncomfortable and the right decision was made.
Closed Thread
Page 18 of 22 « First < 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 > Last »